Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jasons 2003 VY executive 'By Design'

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
thanks heaps mate, i thought HSVi was the same as HBD, on the piece of paper i got with the car that holden wrote all the HBD mods to it, it said "Type 1 Spoiler" and just "Lower body kit" so im not even sure what to call it haha. i love it though i think it makes it look like a VZ or VY clubby. only thing is the **** wits who painted it for holden did a **** job and in the corners of the back piece it is flaking up and above the exhaust pipe it is too, but no crs perfect right? it makes it look so much lower than it is though haha, the lowest point on my car i reckon is the side skirts right next to the rear wheel :)

maybe i wont get a new front bumper (stone chips galore) haha cause to put the bumper on and lowered body kit piece and spray it will be heaps of $$$!, ill see how it goes though

thanks for the feedback though :)

cheers

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
Yeah I think your right, the front one won't be any different but the rear one would be. I think I'll grab a new one off eBay for around 150$ then spray it, but if I sprayed that I'd have to spray the bonnet too (pretty bad stone chips too).

I think I'll do that, as soon as the money piles up haha.

VXSS32

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
- drove to seaford to swap springs with VS32 (good bloke) and got them fitted that day, look awesome, sit a tad higher than SL's (because they are pedders) but im wrapped with them didnt want them too low so perfect, what do ya think?

Glad to see you like em. Im happy someone gets use out of them instead of them sitting upstairs at work. Looks heaps better with them in. But once again glad you like them

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
Yeah i dont think a bonnet respray will be too expensive as there isnt much hard work to be done (corners and things) so ill look into that asap.

just drove at night for the first time with the 7500K headlights in, omfg they are amazing, got flashed 3 times in 25 mins haha.

thanks VS32 again they look great, hopefully mine are as low as you want, id love to see them in your car but not sure if youll be able to drive it without scrapping down the freeway haha, cheers

got pulled over for the first time tonight too! coppa was a young bloke so didnt try and canary me, just gave me breath and drug test and off i went, pretty nervous though, thought he was gonna pull me up for too low, too bright headlights (dont even know if thats a crime haha) but he was a good bloke, ive had a good run, 6 months and only breath tested once, never been pulled over :)

cheers

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
yeah i saw that cause otherwise it would be illegal. so hopefully when the police do finally pull me over for something i can tell them to stick it haha.