Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jason's 95 VS, work in progress

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
yeah thanks guys, looking to paint a bit more black soon but maybe leave it for a while. went for a drive last night and your right all the paint on the center console started to flake off (im a sucker for leaning on in while im driving haha). so spent all this morning paint stripping the center soft part off back to grey, maybe ill buy some dye and actually die the vinyl so it wont come off again.

i know what you mean about unsure about painting the interior. ive searched these forums for months trying to find something that looked good and not tacky or half done. i decided on black as everyone i saw started painting it the colour of their car and just went to black anyway cause they got sick of it. i thought the amount that i painted showed i wanted to make it look good without doing too much or too little.

ive got some nasty stains on the back seats of my car, tried washing with upholstry cleaner but no good, still a dark grey to black colour. does anyone have any ideas about how to get this stuff looking like new without buying new carpet? is there a dye or something that would make it all black? that would be awesome i think. let me know

cheers heaps guys, keep the questions coming

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
finally saved up the dosh to get my car lowered. settled on SSSL in rear and SSL in front as i want it low. anyone think thats too low? also do i need a camber kit for that low? i only have 18" rims on it.

booked in for first week of january :) ill keep you guys posted

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
I think they do need a camber kit.. So you dont get crap tyre wear.

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
just got her lowered on monday, will post picks when i get them. not low enough in rear though, i got rear ssl and front sl. front sits perfect but might need to cut or compress rears

is it that bad to cut them? and whats the go with compressing them what does it involve?

cheers guys

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
hey attached should be the pics of it lowered now (if it worked properly).

if you see the older pics of it you can see how much it has dropped :)

it wasnt low enough when i got it but the people at autobarn said it would drop a fair bit but if i wanted to i should put some weight in the rear for the first week to squish them more. do you reckon it will help? i have 15 roof tiles in my boot atm and it does seem to be alot lower but not sure if it will just go straight back up after i take them out. any thoughts?

also got some more paint to fix up some scratches in my paintwork (interior) just wondering if anyone has re done their interior and did you need to take everything apart again or just cover it and spray the bits you want? going over to friends on monday to paint his car and paint a bit more of my interior, maybe with a bit more chrome :)

let me know what you think :)

also anyone had any cruise control problems? mine hasnt worked for ages and dont know what it is, when i push the buttons no lights come on or anything, does this happen with most commodores and there is an easy fix? i dont want to pull the dash all apart just to check wiring if everyone else has the same thing. after fixing that i think ill just fix the rear electric window and electric mirror and polish her a fair bit. maybe a camber kit is on the cards soon as well as front shocks as i only got rear ones when i got it lowered, havent noticed much difference without them :)

keep it coming guys thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0426.jpg
    IMG_0426.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 196

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
this is her with tiles in boot and dont think it will go much higher when i take them out which is good :) no scrapping on anything so far and rides good as. you can see the difference from the post b4 to now and how much the springs have compressed over a week :) i was amazed how much they dropped from when i first got it done.

(p.s. photo doesnt do it justice, tyre is about half way under wheel arch but parked on hill and looks alot higher than that)

Attachments

• IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 217

te_rarawa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VF SSV Redline
how does it handle wit the ultra lows in the rear?