Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jason's VT Berlina - SS Kitted - VY Sigs - Leather Interior

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
Oi mate i reckon you should leave the rims that you have on it... i dont think the VZ calais rims look that good. but just my opinion. still a seet as car mate!

GILLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
Oi mate i reckon you should leave the rims that you have on it... i dont think the VZ calais rims look that good. but just my opinion. still a seet as car mate!
Yeh these rims have grown on me a bit, will wait a bit till i get some new ones, the vz calais rims are no longer in the plans

Last edited:

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Hey check out Ebay. They have cheap Calais V rims for around $599 - $799. Already machined to fit the VT-VZ cars.

SL would look good. Most go SL front and SSL rear to make the rear sit lower. Sometimes it sits up a touch to much.

GILLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
SL would look good. Most go SL front and SSL rear to make the rear sit lower. Sometimes it sits up a touch to much.
So will i need anything else besides the springs? For now I will just lower the back to SL and leave front as is.

I did a mod to my air intake snorkel so more air can flow through to the air box. Pics:

Thoughts/Opinions appreciated

Getting some new brake pads shortly, QFM HPX Police Spec. Might paint the brake callipers blue while I am at it.

GILLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
Maybe some lowered shocks, And you might need a camber/toe kit. Short term you wont, Long term for tyres yes.

How is that snorkel mod going ?.
Will probably just end up putting FE2 springs in there now, too much effort replacing shocks, camber kit etc.

Don't know about the snorkel mod yet, apparently more cool air gets into the engine, getting better fuel efficiency, what other little things can i do for better fuel efficiency/more power??

Last edited:

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I just gave my air flow meter a good clean out. Starts better i hope fuel economy is up also. Power chip unleashed some hidden puppys make the motor more efficient.
KN filter. Plugs leads injectors cleaned. Larger throttle body could also be better for low down take off saving fuel. Even changing a fuel filter can help.

I get about 14.5 more town driving it's about 85% town hardly any highway. But if i change that to about 65-35% it comes down to 10.5-11.5.

mitch-vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
hey mate lovin the car!
are you still looking at getting new rims?
would you consider selling those ones??