Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jaycar Speedo Correction Kit

VY_SP4C

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SPac
I have just installed a Jaycar Speedo Correction kit in my VS Statesman with 3.9 diff gears I cant work out what numbers I have to set the S1 and S2 at has anyone done this or know how to work it out?
Thanks

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
The kit came with some very long wires. The idea is that you sit in the cabin while driving and have somebody (or you) in the passengers seat with GPS screwing around with it until your speedo matches the GPS. That way you can account for any other drive line discrepencies, not just the diff gears.

VY_SP4C

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SPac
Ok thanks mate I did try some 26% but my needle is just bouncing all over the place as soon as I set cruise control on to try adjust anything.

355VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR 355 5spd
I tried 2 different jaycar speedo corrector kits and could not get either to work on my VR manual. Healtech Electronics have an android app called Speedohealer V4 Calculator that will give you a percentage. They also have a very good speedo corrector.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Is this one of the new Jaycar kits? If so they have a bad rep. Nothing like the old ones unfortunately.

One of the users on PCMHack website manufacturers a speedo corrector kit which is better than the old Jaycar kit.

VY_SP4C

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SPac
I tried 2 different jaycar speedo corrector kits and could not get either to work on my VR manual. Healtech Electronics have an android app called Speedohealer V4 Calculator that will give you a percentage. They also have a very good speedo corrector.
Thanks I will have a look at that.

Is this one of the new Jaycar kits? If so they have a bad rep. Nothing like the old ones unfortunately.

One of the users on PCMHack website manufacturers a speedo corrector kit which is better than the old Jaycar kit.
yeah it is one of the new jaycar kits that are already made, thanks I will jump on there right now and have a look.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67