Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JB Hi-Fi.....YOU WILL NEVER GET OUR MONEY AGAIN.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Whenever I buy something from jb I always ask them what's the best they can do , and most time they will knock a few bucks off
I always get a good deal From Jbs but I have spent a lot of money on this store. We have spend $15,000 on one TV that they don't stock and it was a special order. Now they can go to hell because like my OFF Grid Solar stuff I prefer to spend $1000 on upgrade for solar stuff instead giving the Greedy Power companies $100. Well that's me.
Now because i'm the oldest in my Family and a tech head as you all know they have lost a lot of money because the family always ask me anything that is Electrical on what to buy and what to keep clear from. Yes the lot of them know what Jb has done to me.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
i brought/ordered a 65 inch telly last week from jb hifi there the cheapest and i knew it wasnt in stock also ordered new full motion wall mounting bracket from ebay due this week hopefully plus im doing some painting

i wanted the hisense come 3 years warranty the salesman was very good he told me he had no idea when they will get them in and i could change brand that they had in stock or a refund

i know it a bad time of year to buy things and until i get the bracket the tv will be in the way that why i can wait if it going to take another 2-4 weeks than i can ring other retailers who will price match and have it in stock

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Some years ago I helped an elderly client of mine buy a new refridgerator. I picked her up and took her to her local Good Guys electrical retail store.
The salesman was very helpful and to my mind seemed to be fairly well informed on the subject of the fridges they had in stock.
After she had made her decision on which fridge to purchase he started his spiel about their 'Gold Concierge Service' (not sure if that is exactly what it was called) shoving a brochure into her face and running off a list of all the benefits if proffers. For the princely sum of $70 you got email or mobile phone alerts about all their latest sales promotions and $20 store credit each month which if not used was forfeited at the end of that month.
There were some other benefits it offered but I cannot remember them now.
He left us alone for a few minutes to fetch something and whilst he was away I quietly advised her that I personally would not pay the $70.
She agreed that she would not use any of the benefits it offered. Well when he came back and she tried to tell him she didn't want the Concierge Service he just dug his toes in and would not give up until she said yes. In hindsight I should have stepped into the fray and told him to back off or we will go somewhere else. One of my life regrets I will forever carry with me.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I did that.
In the early days.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Some years ago I helped an elderly client of mine buy a new refridgerator. I picked her up and took her to her local Good Guys electrical retail store.
The salesman was very helpful and to my mind seemed to be fairly well informed on the subject of the fridges they had in stock.
After she had made her decision on which fridge to purchase he started his spiel about their 'Gold Concierge Service' (not sure if that is exactly what it was called) shoving a brochure into her face and running off a list of all the benefits if proffers. For the princely sum of $70 you got email or mobile phone alerts about all their latest sales promotions and $20 store credit each month which if not used was forfeited at the end of that month.
There were some other benefits it offered but I cannot remember them now.
He left us alone for a few minutes to fetch something and whilst he was away I quietly advised her that I personally would not pay the $70.
She agreed that she would not use any of the benefits it offered. Well when he came back and she tried to tell him she didn't want the Concierge Service he just dug his toes in and would not give up until she said yes. In hindsight I should have stepped into the fray and told him to back off or we will go somewhere else. One of my life regrets I will forever carry with me.

We had a similar spiel about the Conceirge Service. I declined it. But they still signed me up to it (or for a lite version?) free of charge. I was getting the emails and the credits/discounts anyway.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Quality TV are NEVER Sold at Store, Like Jb , Hardly Normal, The Good Guys or anywhere Else. If You are a NUT For HI Fi Stuff The Special TV come to Most Countries and stay at the Main Australian Office like Sydney. For me the "Z" The 85Z9G Cost $26.500, I bough the second Series that was around $17,000 discounted for me to $15, 000. Put it this way, These Tvs have a high nits The "G" has 4000 nits our only has only 2800 nit and all have a extended wide color Gamut. wont get to other specs, Use OPPO 203 UHD and or the Better Panasonic DMP UB 9000 which is the best ever 4K player, WOW The Money we have spend on our Speakers as whe have 7:4:4 System. People that know about this series of tv thay work at the Shops they can only Dream about them. but our Amp system cost more then the telle. Yes I invited some from to vies our system ans they was Horrifed to a point they went home crying. Put it this way They have NEVER EVER HERD a shaker system in Australia like ours.

Once Again I have Evidence on What I say.

This is old phono Look at the CRT Monitors. Look at the LOUNGE, Strengthened with Bolts so it dome not fall apart ++++ The Sharkers bolted underneath. No I have Shakers on the Chandeliers. "EG The 4K Movie San Francisco staring the ROCK,, First the Chandeliers start shaking then the Lounge then the DAM BUSTS YEAH!!!!.

Using my 4K Panasonic UB 9000 players. It spits out data that I like to see if its a good movie for HDR. Once again I prove what I say. I use Facts not hear say to see what the MCLL (max content Light Level) is or the MALL (MaX Average light level) is. Know one does this except for me

This is old back in 2021. I have the lates update December 2023 over 200 4K titles. This has never been done for the Public.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm not doubting you have an expensive TV. I just can't imagine dropping $17k on a TV when an $700 TV does the same job, plays TV and streams movies through a $100 Fetch box. If that's what you're into good on you. I just don't see value in that kind of tech. I have have nice Pioneer surround sound system. That was about $3.5k 20 years ago with Jamo speakers. It does us quite ok. Then again I'm happy with my $700 four year old laptop and three or four year old $300 Samsung phone. I see tech as if it works OK, then I don't need champagne when I'm on a beer budget.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I'm not doubting you have an expensive TV. I just can't imagine dropping $17k on a TV when an $700 TV does the same job, plays TV and streams movies through a $100 Fetch box. If that's what you're into good on you. I just don't see value in that kind of tech. I have have nice Pioneer surround sound system. That was about $3.5k 20 years ago with Jamo speakers. It does us quite ok. Then again I'm happy with my $700 four year old laptop and three or four year old $300 Samsung phone. I see tech as if it works OK, then I don't need champagne when I'm on a beer budget.

I don’t think a $700 set does the same job.

Although the set in question isn’t an OLED, have you seen what an OLED screen does? They are amazing in terms of dynamic range - black-blacks and white-whites at the same time. They are also very fast displays. It’s hard to explain in words, but the difference is about the same as going from black-and-white television to colour-television. The OLEDs add an enormous increase in colour range and resolution.

We had friends visit us soon after we purchased our OLED (about 7 years ago). They were so impressed that they bought one on their way home. They are that different.

EDIT I forgot to mention that HDR content is needed. So HDR Netflix (or similar) and 4K HDR Blu-ray discs (and player) is the way to go.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I don’t think a $700 set does the same job.
Call it what you will but at the end of the day its still a TV. My $700 TV is used to watch TV and play movies. A $100k TV is used to play TV and watch movies. If someone want to drive a Mercedes over a Holden then good on them. But at the end of the day the Holden still gets you there and back and in the same time. The only difference is its a bit nicer experience. So yep I don't see the value in having a flash TV just for special effects and I never will.