Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
He isn't left-leaning like Turnbull. Should be able to identify with Joe Average better due to his background. He has points on the board from Immigration and Human Services and a more "acceptable" public image than Dutton. Fingers crossed. Will be interesting to see how he handles Shorten.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
He isn't left-leaning like Turnbull. Should be able to identify with Joe Average better due to his background. He has points on the board from Immigration and Human Services and a more "acceptable" public image than Ditton. Fingers crossed. Will be interesting to see how he handles Shorten.

He shares the same faith as me, so I am now willing to give him a go. Whether he can save the party from defeat at the next election, I'm not sure. But Shorton IMO is a clown who is just interested in keeping his job and not necessarily what's good for the economy. Probably wouldn't be all this dissention if both parties worked together for the greater good, rather than blocking everything in the senate, just because they can....

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Shorten is also a tool of the Union movement. He'll be intent on looking after them (or more likely, dancing to their tune) .

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
He shares the same faith as me, so I am now willing to give him a go. Whether he can save the party from defeat at the next election, I'm not sure. But Shorton IMO is a clown who is just interested in keeping his job and not necessarily what's good for the economy. Probably wouldn't be all this dissention if both parties worked together for the greater good, rather than blocking everything in the senate, just because they can....

Loooooool - of all the reasons to back somebody, that would have to be the stupidest. Right up there with a mates mrs and mother in law who voted for Gillard 'because she was a woman'.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The latest opinion polls have placed Shorten ahead of Morris as preferred PM but both have numbers in the 30's so I don't think Shorten has had a huge win after last week's events, though the ALP is now streets ahead.

I don't b think Morris on will stay in the doldrums though. I think he has recognised the futility of Turnbull and his foibles and will rearrange priorities and policies pretty quickly to address the issues concerning Australians most. First address the drought, dump the NEG, concentrate on reduction of cost, not emissions. Abandon the Paris accord, keep a firm control on border security, reduce immigration numbers and move the party away from the left. Turnbull was a hopeless failure and it won't be hard to demonstrate that the Coalition is a far more typical Conservative party than it ever could have been with Turnbull. I think Morrisons fortunes will improve substantially as he proves he is not another Turnbull.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Yeah - I think ScoMo actually paying the drought a bit more than the lip service of his predecessor is a great start. Paris accord is staying however I don't think he'll go soft on boarder control. Immigration numbers are tricky - slow them down and economic growth will drop. He may cut numbers a bit to appease the rabble but I doubt it'll be much more than a token amount.
As for the NEG - pfffffffffft fknose - start afresh might be the best option there because nobody understands what the old one was