Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I think anybody with good intentions will run and get nothing done. The problem seems to be the same we have in the USA. I bet, there are heaps of road blocks, bureucracy, an uphill battle to get anything done. All deep rooted from years of greedy administrations.

What you guys need is someone similar to Trump, a Bull in the China shop to set things straight.

The Paris accord is total scam.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Ya gotta luv Straya, an the way we do stuff.
Where else in the world can a political leader be changed with only the media being outraged.
If we were a country very far to the NorthEast of Straya, we would be having a football final type inauguration ceremony with John Farnham singing ‘You’re The Voice’ to 100,000 flag waving, ecstatic followers.
In the NorthWest, we would be demonstrating in the streets, rioting, killing, blowing ourselves up, and Mal would be joining Tony, Julia and Kevin in some busted arse country that does not have an extradition treaty with Straya.
To that continent to the West of us, police and troops would be patrolling the streets, beating the crap out of anyone heading to the shops for a litre of milk.
And if we were in the other civilised countries North of the Equator, we would probably doing all of the above.
But what happens here ? What is really important to us ?
Who is going to coach the Panthers and Sea Eagles next year ?.
Is our good mate ScoMo tipping the Sharks for the Grand Final ?
Will the Wallabies ever beat the All Blacks ?
Will it rain during the Bathurst 1000 ?

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
No. The wallabies will never beat the All Blacks.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Where else in the world can a political leader be changed with only the media being outraged.
If we were a country very far to the NorthEast of Straya, we would be having a football final type inauguration ceremony with John Farnham singing ‘You’re The Voice’ to 100,000 flag waving, ecstatic followers.
In the NorthWest, we would be demonstrating in the streets, rioting, killing, blowing ourselves up, and Mal would be joining Tony, Julia and Kevin in some busted arse country that does not have an extradition treaty with Straya.
To that continent to the West of us, police and troops would be patrolling the streets, beating the crap out of anyone heading to the shops for a litre of milk.
And if we were in the other civilised countries North of the Equator, we would probably doing all of the above.
But what happens here ? What is really important to us ?
Who is going to coach the Panthers and Sea Eagles next year ?.
Is our good mate ScoMo tipping the Sharks for the Grand Final ?
Will the Wallabies ever beat the All Blacks ?
Will it rain during the Bathurst 1000 ?

In NZ the rugby results are often the first thing on the news , and if the All Blacks have a rare loss , the country goes into mourning , and domestic assaults rise . Sad but true .

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-29/westpac-raises-variable-mortgage-rates/10179148

I predicted this a week or two ago and said it would happen. As the Aussie dollar falls, interest rates will go up, its the way it has been for as long as I can remember. There will be an outcry on the news tonight.... Me I don't care; IMHO too many Millennial's just have to have the biggest and the best house, in the most expensive areas in Aust and the flashy new car they buy on finance.
There will be winging and bitching about how cruel the banks are, but at the same time they borrowed the $400k, most likely without considering how they would pay their mortgages in another five years time when the variable rate is back up around 8%.....
Me I have a cheap house with a small mortgage that I'm ahead on my repayments so won't affect me... I ain't never gonna have another massive mortgage over my head. Because I lived through interest rates of 12% and know just how much owing $350k at 12% can fk you over.....

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Some of us started at 12% when it was the long term average and reached 17.5%. Lots of defaults, streets of near New homes for sale after only a year or two.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I remember 17% rates I was 16-17 at the time so didn't have a mortgage. People have had it too easy for too long. Gonna be a big shake up in years to come. Most people wouldn't have borrowed $400k back in the late 80s, back then $400k house was for the rich and famous, not the average Joe.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
All relevant to the time the house was bought.
Us, 1979, 4,900sqmetre block in area where nobody wanted to live $10K, build house $32K. repayments $240 per month, just afford it.
Us, 2004, same area, desired location now, 2,000sqmetres $175K, build house $240K. Sale of old house nearly covered it.
In 25 years time, all those whingers will be asking what was so hard during 2018.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Screenshot_20180901-154915_Email.jpg