Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Yea but where was the racism in this particular case? Or is it just people "inferring" racism?

You have to compare it against a backdrop of the x years of unequal police response based on skin colour.
Would it have happened if he were white? Impossible to say for sure, but plenty of people closer than you or I to the incident have drawn a conclusion.

Oh and well done, you did read and learn. Try it without the sarcasm next time though.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Inferring. Had he been a white man it wouldn't have been racism, merely brutality. We are the targets now people see it for what it is. Two wrongs don't make a right, sure blacks in the USA, **** everywhere have copped it for a long time, but from a different time, a different generation, why are we constantly made to feel like we are less than human now because we are white?

White persecution complex. Wow.
Have you watched season 2 of The Boys on Amazon? Great take down of this myth in that.

trel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Equipe Wagon
Persecution complex? Why is there a question on nearly every form "are you of Aboriginal or Torres strait Islander background?" Why is that even a relevant question in today's so called equal, fair treatment society, if it so fair and equal as it claims to be (which it isn't). It's there for special treatment. Please. See **** for what it is.

trel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Equipe Wagon
You have to compare it against a backdrop of the x years of unequal police response based on skin colour.
Would it have happened if he were white? Impossible to say for sure, but plenty of people closer than you or I to the incident have drawn a conclusion.

Oh and well done, you did read and learn. Try it without the sarcasm next time though.

Based on skin colour? Most of the crimes committed are in majority black neighbourhoods, and most crime is actually black on black. They get treated this way because, unfortunately, statistics tell us that they are going to be carrying a gun, be a gang member, have outstanding warrants, the list goes on. They get treated on the criteria of facts, and if you have a rap sheet the length of my leg don't expect police to greet you with smiles and open arms.

Not going to make anyone happy here, but it's a free discussion and facts are facts. The world we live in today is a selective fact world. If it doesn't suit the narrative of the minute, it's bullshit.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Persecution complex? Why is there a question on nearly every form "are you of Aboriginal or Torres strait Islander background?" Why is that even a relevant question in today's so called equal, fair treatment society, if it so fair and equal as it claims to be (which it isn't). It's there for special treatment. Please. See **** for what it is.

Try looking at it the other way round. What if you want to know how many visitors or applicants are an Aboriginal or Torres Straight Islanders, to make sure you are reaching those communities? How else would you get that info.

Also you may have content which that population does not deem acceptable in their culture (images or references to dead people for example)

You've seen something that is used to ensure equality, and twisted it into you're being persecuted.... Amazing.
Equality doesn't mean dragging you down, it means raising others up.

trel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Equipe Wagon
Yes I agree 100% equality is to bring ALL up but not at the expense of others. Fact of the matter remains, that question is there for extra help for them, no other reason. Why do you feel the need to mock me by saying I have a white persecution complex? Are you a psychologist? My feelings are my feelings, I'm not some paranoid delusional conspiracy theorist. Many like me feel the same way? Do we all have a complex?
This is what I am talking about exactly you cannot have a mature discussion about difficult topics with anyone anymore without someone mocking for having an opposing view. Anyway that's all I really have to say about this particular topic right now. All the best to everyone.

Last edited:

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
statistics tell us that they are going to be carrying a gun, be a gang member, have outstanding warrants, the list goes on.

Wrong, they tell you a higher chance, not certainty.
and any evidence to back up these statements?
Or if the underlying racism has caused those larger statistics?

meanwhile here is a paper showing that you are 2.5x more likely to be killed by police if you are black compared to being white.
or more scarily 1 in 1000 black men will be killed by police
https://www.pnas.org/content/116/34/16793
1619064532612.png

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Yes I agree 100% equality is to bring ALL up but not at the expense of others. Fact of the matter remains, that question is there for extra help for them, no other reason. Why do you feel the need to mock me by saying I have a white persecution complex? It's not a complex, it's reality.

I didn't mock you. You inferred you'd been impacted because you were asked if you if you are indigenous, but you're not. I'm not sure how this got your nose out of joint, or what lasting damage it did. But you seem to have linked the question to some form of racism towards whites.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS

Why? Are you serious? The fact you don't know suggests your opinion is moot from this point on. The ignorance on this forum is astounding