Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

trel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Equipe Wagon
Who the **** cares about what's going on in the USA anyway. I'm with Shane, he was a scumbag and got treated like one, yes, 9 mins on the neck was wrong but when cops have to put up with the likes of Floyd on a daily basis in the USA, put yourself in their shoes when they have to make a split second decision when someone is waving a gun at you or a weapon. It's easy for all of us to pipe up with our 2 cents, but no one can make a comment unless they are in that position, who do we think we are?

Please let's stop making excuses for people's poor choices who end up in life threatening situations due to THEIR actions, then want to blame police. Don't steal, don't rob, don't kill and you will not be shot by cops. Simple.

These people were saying they would burn the city down if the verdict went the other way. This shows you the intelligence of the general public. Burn where you live down? Then what? Live in an even bigger shithole than what it was already? Kidults having tantrums and carrying on like 5 year Olds isn't the answer. Everyone is quick to talk **** about police, let's defund them blah blah. When your mother or wife is being raped and killed, you'll be crying for the cops then. Sick of hearing all this ****.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
He made comment on how the length of the trial was too long. This implies that he thinks the courts did not do their job properly which is contempt of the court.

Again, as the verdict has been given, can it still be contempt (even if it was deemed to be sufficient to be classed as contempt)

and also, Biden (the speaker) implied something, you (the "listener") have just inferred something from it. Big difference

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Who the **** cares about what's going on in the USA anyway. I'm with Shane, he was a scumbag and got treated like one, yes, 9 mins on the neck was wrong but when cops have to put up with the likes of Floyd on a daily basis in the USA, put yourself in their shoes when they have to make a split second decision when someone is waving a gun at you or a weapon. It's easy for all of us to pipe up with our 2 cents, but no one can make a comment unless they are in that position, who do we think we are?

The point here is that it was not a split second decision, it was a 9 minute choice. There could have been so many other ways to neutralize him, 9 minutes kneeling on the neck was a choice he made that was against policy. He may have been a scumbag drug dealing thief and wife basher, but it was not the police officers' job or right to take his life. The charges were "Not intending to kill" but his actions still led to Floyd's death. I agree with the verdict.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
put yourself in their shoes when they have to make a split second decision when someone is waving a gun at you or a weapon

But as I said above, it wasn't a split second decision. It was a 9 minute decision. Once Floyd was cuffed and on his front, how dangerous is he?

and did he have a weapon?

I completely understand the hard decision they have to make when they see a weapon involved, but there are training, policies and procedures to deal with it. There was police testimony stating that policy wasn't followed.
There is a big difference between prosecuting an individual who did something wrong and defunding the police. Ohers may conflate it, but no-one here is.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
It would indeed be frightening being a police officer in the US as it is very easy for criminals to obtain firearms in the US. Maybe the US should consider restrictions on the sale of firearms? It just a thought. I don’t know if that idea has been tried elsewhere in the world.

:cool:

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
To suggest that Chauvin is or was anymore than a thug in uniform is laughable. However he can consider himself unlucky that the affair was captured on video. Had it not been for this damning piece of evidence he quite likely would have got off. Obviously we will never find out but how many people had he murdered before this? I for one don't believe that this was a first time offence for him

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
To suggest that Chauvin is or was anymore than a thug in uniform is laughable. However he can consider himself unlucky that the affair was captured on video. Had it not been for this damning piece of evidence he quite likely would have got off. Obviously we will never find out but how many people had he murdered before this? I for one don't believe that this was a first time offence for him

If there was any other potential victims then we would've more than likely have heard about them by now.
I honestly believe he had some issue with him when they used to work together. They did actually know each other which seems to be a forgotten point...... "Nah it's racism".... BS.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
If there was any other potential victims then we would've more than likely have heard about them by now.
I honestly believe he had some issue with him when they used to work together. They did actually know each other which seems to be a forgotten point...... "Nah it's racism".... BS.

People can work with people of other races and still be racist, not mutually exclusive.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
People can work with people of other races and still be racist, not mutually exclusive.

Yea but where was the racism in this particular case? Or is it just people "inferring" racism?

trel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Equipe Wagon
Inferring. Had he been a white man it wouldn't have been racism, merely brutality. We are the targets now people see it for what it is. Two wrongs don't make a right, sure blacks in the USA, **** everywhere have copped it for a long time, but from a different time, a different generation, why are we constantly made to feel like we are less than human now because we are white? I've never been racist towards anyone in my life, I am from a Greek background myself but I can feel the hate and smugness from non whites now and it's not right. I am told i have "white privilege" what the **** does that even mean? I get no special treatment from anyone unlike the rest now. You all can say what you like to me or Shane but I speak from the heart, not a perspective of hate for any skin colour. A war is brewing amongst civilians as we speak and we are the targets. Don't jump on the bandwagon like everyone else because it's the trendy thing to do right now. Everyone all of a sudden is an expert or an activist.

Last edited: