Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

What social security rights do de facto couples have?​

De facto couples have the same social security rights as married couples. That means if you separate from your de facto partner and you have a dependent child, you could qualify for assistance. You may also qualify for a benefit if you have dependent children and your partner dies.

https://www.lawsociety.com.au/for-the-public/know-your-rights/de-facto-relationships/legal-effects-de-facto-relationship#:~:text=De facto couples have the,children and your partner dies.

And males have the exact same rights as females when it comes to getting custody of any children in the event of a break up...

I got custody of my kids 26 years ago when I broke up with my de facto

So get your head out your of your ass

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
And males have the exact same rights as females when it comes to getting custody of any children in the event of a break up...

I got custody of my kids 26 years ago when I broke up with my de facto

If that is what you believe, that is okay continue.
But what you believe and what actually occurs are two totally different things.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

So what's not to believe?

Me getting custody of my kids or the fact a male got the custody?

Pal, you live in a dream world...Anyone can achieve anything if they set their mind to it...It's not weighted towards one gender or the other

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
But you do have a choice to become a parent.

So no one should become a parent then? Hardly a viable option unless extinction of the human race is your goal.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

I actually told a slight lie...It wasn't 26 years ago.....That's the age of the youngest...It was 32 years ago....Years fly by.

Oh and I was working and no I couldn't be fagged claiming child support...I did it off my own back

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

He‘s literally telling you what actually occurred in his circumstance!

In my circumstance I still have an amicable relationship with my ex and I have regular visitation with my son (also talk to him on Skype most days).

I pay child support outside of the shitfuckery of the government system as we both determined that getting the government involved just makes life more difficult for both of us.

Top tip here is not to try and make a big deal out of things and try to score points all the time on the other party, otherwise your ex is going to get the shits and drag you through the system!

I‘d fully expect that if you were in that situation you’d be dragged to court quick smart because you can’t help but try to score points with illogical arguments and have an attitude of “what’s in it for me“ and ”it’s my way or the highway”.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
shouldn't you wait util Sunday to eat the chocolate Eggs? Technically, you're supposed to fast until Lent is over. We follow the Julian (Orthodox) calendar, so our Easter isn't for another month.

you do you, Immortality.

Do what you please, it's just a commercial holiday really.

But you do have a choice to become a parent.

That's right, you do but you do realise that society needs people to have babies? without renewing the population society would die.

Fairly basic economics really, you need a birth rate high enough to sustain the population (we are going to ignore immigration for this simple lesson). If you don't have enough births you end up with a ageing population which is something a lot of countries are already grappling with. Japan been the prime example and something China is also struggling with because of their previous 1 child policy and the large imbalance they have between the male and female population.

For the first time in many years we bought easter eggs. This was about 2 weeks ago and we ate them straight away. Technically we are absolved of any sin because because we were just late for the last time instead of early for this one. To be on the safeside I will say 3 hail mary's and promise not to do it again.

However Old Bomb thanks for getting this thread off track.

First time in many years we didn't buy large amounts but the missus did get a few from work yesterday and I'm only eating a few small ones. Watching my sugar intake these days.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
i think i still have an easter egg from last year. watching my blood sugar levels, but may crack it open later.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
So no one should become a parent then? Hardly a viable option unless extinction of the human race is your goal.

Did I say no one should become a parent? No that is what I said, people have the choice to do so if they want to, but why should I pay for someone else's choice?