Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I get that parents need time with their children, but why should I pay for it?
Why should my tax dollar pay for someone to have a kid?
I have no problem with people having kids, go for it, but why hold your hand out and expect other people to pay for it?
Is that not the same as parents getting the family benefit? Your parents must have got it for you.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I get that parents need time with their children, but why should I pay for it?
Why should my tax dollar pay for someone to have a kid?
I have no problem with people having kids, go for it, but why hold your hand out and expect other people to pay for it?

You know the world doesn't revolve around you right?

Healthy happy families is good for society, a few generations ago dad would work and mum would be at home with the kids, in today's world both parents need to work to stay ahead so that means society wears some of those costs of mums been in the workforce. Obviously you don't understand this concept considering the various disparaging remarks you have made about child bearing age woman in the previous pages in this thread.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Also I like how you call me lonely, because I choose to be single how exactly does that make me lonely? Maybe that is an irrational fear of people who are in relationships.
I choose to be single as 50% of all marriages fail, 70% of which are initiated by the female, and 80% of females retain majority custody of the children, and men have to pay child support in that case. So basically women can start a no fault divorce, and the man is helpless and gets shafted.

There is one way to avoid this and that is to avoid cohabitation, but that doesn't mean that you're lonely, loneliness is all about how the individual perceives their situation. But it is far easier for women to become lonely, as they're social by nature, whereas men can be wanderers, or lone wolves as the saying goes, as the male wolves will leave the pack but the female wolves will stay.

Typical response by someone who has been jaded by the opposite sex or ...

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Is that not the same as parents getting the family benefit? Your parents must have got it for you.

I get your point.
But lets look at it like this.
Tax payers pay for schools, they pay for family benefit, these two things have been happening for quite some time.
Now this current government wants to increase parental leave and pay the companies with tax payer money to support this.
They also want to give parents more money for child care.

The last two really annoy me because it is all about women wanting it all, they want to have a career and kids at the same time, so instead of making that choice, the government wants to redirect that money from hospitals and police to let women have both.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes, those bloody woman!

/sarcasm

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
You know the world doesn't revolve around you right?

Healthy happy families is good for society, a few generations ago dad would work and mum would be at home with the kids, in today's world both parents need to work to stay ahead so that means society wears some of those costs of mums been in the workforce. Obviously you don't understand this concept considering the various disparaging remarks you have made about child bearing age woman in the previous pages in this thread.

Yes I'm aware, but why does the tax man revolve around my wallet?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just your wallet?

Or every money earning person in Aussie?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Typical response by someone who has been jaded by the opposite sex or ...

I haven't been jaded by the opposite sex, I've just seen too many men get screwed over by the family court system.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Just your wallet?

Or every money earning person in Aussie?

As a tax payer I'm entitled to an opinion on how the money pool gets spent.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well it's been nice but I'm off to go eat some Easter eggs the missus got me and have brunch with my son before he heads off to work.