Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Nicely done :beer chug: I think I would laugh just as heartily at a similar joke of some kind about Gillard though, they are both public figures and both get ridiculed every day, so why would this example be different?

Its a bunch of BS of course, a harmless bit of fun back of house in a kitchen. Hardly worth a political row over, Gillard should have checked her facts before trying it on as she did. Of course the original misogyny speech got her a lot of press worldwide, and most of it good, so she thought she had a chance of taking another shot before realising it wasnt the right ammo box she was reaching into.

It's different because it plays the gender card, that doesn't happen to male politicians, if people don't like the gender card being played they shouldn't deal it. It's all cruft to me, I'm interested in policy not the childish crap that seems to be all the media does these days. How about organising some leader debates or something novel and useful like that?

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
^^^ lol.

Pretty sure it wouldn't be a Tony Abbott Chicken but a Tony Wabbit Ear Delight - Delicious rabbit ears served on conservative mash bed, no greens. ;)

Yeah I should have put more thought into it;)

"Tony Abbott Chicken" - Spatchcock with a peanut sauce, haphazardly prepared with very little Labor input, served on a on a very conservative plate, no greens. -
Sounds, umm... I don't think it'd agree with me..

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
I was at the shopping centre the other day and a woman was looking for a parking spot ..I was standing near a disabled bay and I waved her in...she yelled at me and said ..I'm not a bloody disabled !! And I said sorry love i saw the " I love Julia Gillard" sticker on your bumper !!!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Nah, he mentioned it before. It's because she met with someone that is in some US org. She obviously must endorse everything they say, pity I can't remember who it was or when it was posted or I'd give you a link.

Actually it is due to Emilys list...something Gillard was a co-founder of here in Aus. Emily's list believes in full term abortion, you cannot be a member without believing in their structure. It has nothing to do with an American but a foundation she is heavily involved in.

Oh and from the charter "To have the financial and political support of Emily’s List, a candidate must support the abortion of a fullterm baby right up to the moment of birth."

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Actually it is due to Emilys list...something Gillard was a co-founder of here in Aus. Emily's list believes in full term abortion, you cannot be a member without believing in their structure. It has nothing to do with an American but a foundation she is heavily involved in.

Oh and from the charter "To have the financial and political support of Emily’s List, a candidate must support the abortion of a fullterm baby right up to the moment of birth."

Can you provide a link to this info in their charter or whatever? Sounds like Fox to me.

Edit: I just searched their constitution and it doesn't even contain the word abortion, full term appears once and has nothing to do with pregnancy, terminate does not even appear..
http://www.emilyslist.org.au/images/stories/pdf/Constitution/CurrentConstitution20.2.11.pdf

Edit2: Even the word charter does not appear...:eek:

Last edited:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Can you provide a link to this info in their charter or whatever? Sounds like Fox to me.

What does a fox have to do with his?

I cant link from my phone. It makes mention of their pro-abortion laws on their main website. Look also into Candy Broads private member bill on abortion which was withdrawn not long prior to the 07 federal election.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
What does a fox have to do with his?

It sounds like a Fox story. Not hard.

I cant link from my phone. It makes mention of their pro-abortion laws on their main website. Look also into Candy Broads private member bill on abortion which was withdrawn not long prior to the 07 federal election.

I'll wait for your links.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I was at the shopping centre the other day and a woman was looking for a parking spot ..I was standing near a disabled bay and I waved her in...she yelled at me and said ..I'm not a bloody disabled !! And I said sorry love i saw the " I love Julia Gillard" sticker on your bumper !!!

Somewhere in between character assassination and name calling. Well done.:clap:

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Howard Sattler had the balls to ask THE question. Ya gotta smile.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Howard Sattler had the balls to ask THE question. Ya gotta smile.

Stupid exchange that she didn't deserve tbh. By all means run the "myths" line of questioning but he should have dropped the Tims gay line after the first question. Ffs - what was she supposed to say?

I don't like her or her politics but that does not give license to get a kicking like that. So what if he was gay? It has nothing what so ever to do with her policies or how she runs the country. She gives the media enough material at near every turn of her working life. This sort of crap is just uncalled for.