Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
It can theoretically increase safety but from what I understand they are just plonked into a boat and sent on their way, and many are either lost at sea anyway, or they wash up on a remote bit of coastline miles from help and die.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Those are motorized boats. With simple navigational equipment on board.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
That may well be true but there have been reported fatalities of people washing up on the shore of Java and dying because they were too far from help, got lost in jungle etc.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
So the solution is we put a Mark 45 round in the hull and leave them be?

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
With the absurd nature of that comment, I will assume you aren't being serious.....

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
It's a cheaper one!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Dunno man... Those rounds aren't cheap... Those little boats are just blown fiberglass moulds lol

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Might need a royal commission to investigate the costs and potential risks of departmental misuse.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
That may well be true but there have been reported fatalities of people washing up on the shore of Java and dying because they were too far from help, got lost in jungle etc.

C3

They ARE being left with the Indonesian crew members on board, and modern navigation equipment. One would have to assume that the crews would know the way back to Indonesia, after all.....

Those who were found wandering around on an Indonesian island had been abandoned by the Indonesian crew members once they got close to shore. I can't see where or why our navy or government deserve any criticism for what the crew members do to their passengers.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
C3

They ARE being left with the Indonesian crew members on board, and modern navigation equipment. One would have to assume that the crews would know the way back to Indonesia, after all.....

Those who were found wandering around on an Indonesian island had been abandoned by the Indonesian crew members once they got close to shore. I can't see where or why our navy or government deserve any criticism for what the crew members do to their passengers.

Navy doesn't deserve criticism, they are following orders in what is a military exercise. You would think they find their way back to safety but evidently this sometimes doesn't happen. Strong currents, equipment failure are possibilities.
True the crew does have some responsibility for their passengers but Aust govt isn't 100% innocent, they put people in what may be a hazardous situation, when they could have been brought into detention and resettled as appropriate.

Who knows maybe I am caring way too much about people that cannot ever do anything for me?