Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For all things political Part 2

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by minux, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Reaper

Reaper Tells it like it is.

Members Ride:
    RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200 Landcruiser
    Oh fuk.... The mis-truths, mis-representations and general bullshit here is just eye watering. Bottom line - The government don't give a flying fuq where you spend your money - they already know better than you do. It's about money laundering and tracking illicit payments designed to avoid tax.

UTE042_NZ likes this.
  2. Skydrol

Skydrol Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT

Do not be saying that, you will be labeled.... what is that term the CIA coined in the 60s, "Conspiracy Theorist"? In the Telescreen, said that all is fine, nothing is happening, enjoy the puppy and cat videos :D

marty351 and Nitro_X like this.
  3. Nitro_X

Nitro_X Numbskull

Members Ride:
    2007 VE SV6
    *chuckle
    Your poor attempt to ridicule me to make me look like a stupid conspiracy theorist only shows your ignorant and arrogant disdain for me personally.
    You don't like what I post because you know I don't 'spruik' the property market & construction industry - which is the industry that you work in.
    Personally I don't give a flying fig what you think of me or my posts, but I will defend my views and address your comments as and when I choose.

Clearly you have no desire to think about my recent posts rationally as shown by your emotive disdain for me as a member here and my personal views.
    You also contradicted yourself by saying the gov don't care where I spend my money then go on to say they already know better than I do...really..LOL
    It's the banks and the tech companies with their electronic payment apps that have all the individual consumer purchasing data...and they don't know much either regarding me personally because 85-90% of what I purchase is via cash, in addition I don't have a credit card and zero bank debt.

My recent posts have nothing what so ever to do with whether the "government" knows where I purchase my underwear or groceries. But the PM/Treasure stick their heads in the media and talk about hairdressers/barbers and tradies doing cash work as one of the main problems with the 'black economy' and 'tax avoidance'....the average consumer is not the problem, this is a smoke screen propaganda narrative and and excuse to further erode citizens freedoms and civil liberties and facilitate their hidden agenda.

WE ALREADY HAVE ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING LAWS, and tax avoidance tracking in place but these laws are NOT and have not been enforced fully and effectively.
    Our banks are required by law to report suspicious activity to Austrac / ASIC. The banking royal commission exposed 10's of thousands of breaches of this law by the Commonwealth bank, on top of the fraud carried out by our big banks with low-doc mortgages etc, yet none of the bankers have been charged with any crimes, despite the evidence.
    It's the big boys doing all the law breaking, tax avoidance and money laundering - banks, corporations and global accounting firms who all facilitate this criminal activity. It's called 'white collar crime' and they are getting away with it.
    p.s. real estate agents and conveyancing solicitors are NOT required by law to report suspicious activity, and this has been well known for many years, particularly by foreign investors that Australia is a piss easy country to launder money through real estate.

The $10,000 cash ban is just the beginning and the proposed law has regulations in place that will allow the government to further reduce the cash transaction threshold at any time should they desire.
    If you actually understood the info in the videos above it has nothing to do with me paying my barber cash or paying a tradie friend cash to put a new ceiling fan in my house. It's about global central bank monetary policy, negative interest rates and expanding debt to keep the giant economic ponzi scheme afloat and to bail out the bankers when they crash the financial system again....end goal as stated by the IMF...eliminate cash...this then provides the ruling elites to have complete control over the the entire global monetary and financial systems and by default, all citizens.
    *And prevent 'bank runs' as happened in Cyprus and Greece.

I'd ask you to stop being a self righteous dik, but a fruitless endeavour as it's in your DNA

4. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Looks like is going to be a global showdown of Anti-Stablishment Vs Pro-Stablishment.

Tax Avoidance is not Tax Evasion.

The laws in any nation are written in such way, that are not only hard to understand (legal language) by the common individual, but also intricate. If you have the means to pay a competent Tax Lawyer and Accountant is a small fee to pay compared to the savings on taxes. Perhaps is Inmoral but is Legal and who writes the laws? How many politicians are lawyers? Of course the whole thing (globaly) need a huge reset, is nothing more than crap rules piled over crap rules.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  5. Reaper

Members Ride:
    It's a definitional argument that probably changes around the world. In Australia, tax avoidance and evasion is illegal. Tax minimisation is generally considered to be conducting yourselves within the rules is perfectly fine.

I'm sure thats the case in many places. For the most part, and certainly for your average PAYG worker, Australia is quite straight forward although some areas get very ridiculous

6. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Let me get with the terms in the way I know.

Tax Avoidance is whatever/anything you can use to deduct from taxation. Avoid taxation via legal means. "Avoid taxes by filing the usage of your vehicle in your business"

Some like filing married with dependants, disabilities, operational cost, charity, etc... whatever is on the tax laws, regulations and/or codes.

Tax Evasion is not paying at all or disregard for any laws, regulations and/or codes.

Is a common practice in the USA to pay CEOs and Board of Directors with Shares (as incentives) instead of an Income (a salary) or a "Standard Income". Is away of Tax Avoidance because is not considered income by the tax code.

Food for thought... Laws can be inmoral.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  7. Reaper

Members Ride:
    The terms are different in Australia but are essentially the same thing.

Share options and the like are taxed in Australia at the date options are exercised. Just by the very notion of not actually receiving cash it is somewhat complicated however rest assured govco make sure they take their cut in Australia.

Skydrol likes this.
  8. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    That is what I am trying to say, is all about the definitions of the words in legal terms. We, the common people assume what they means, on the legal world, is a very weird and convoluted. I bet is the same thing over the entire world with the Banking Sector. Legal or not, the system if you see it as a whole, is setup to plunder the population via currency devaluation (purchasing power) and the sale of Debt Products.

9. Reaper

Members Ride:
    Don't know about 'murika but in Aus it's quite easy for the common people to educate themselves to at least a working knowledge on most things legal and tax wise.

10. Nitro_X

Nitro_X Numbskull

Members Ride:
    2007 VE SV6
    It's up to us, the productive workers, who are continually getting screwed by these corrupt neo-con elites and bankers to make our voices heard.
    I submitted my signed petition form and written a letter to Federal Treasury. Next on the list are State MP's

11. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    The US is making another offer to buy Greenland one more time...

%%%%

Project Iceworm was a top secret United States Army program of the Cold War, which aimed to build a network of mobile nuclear missile launch sites under the Greenland ice sheet. The ultimate objective of placing medium-range missiles under the ice — close enough to strike targets within the Soviet Union — was kept secret from the Government of Denmark. To study the feasibility of working under the ice, a highly publicized "cover" project, known as Camp Century, was launched in 1960. Unstable ice conditions within the ice sheet caused the project to be canceled in 1966.

According to the documents published by the Kingdom of Denmark in 1997, the U.S. Army's "Iceworm" missile network was outlined in a 1960 Army report titled "Strategic Value of the Greenland Icecap". If fully implemented, the project would cover an area of 52,000 square miles (130,000 km2), roughly three times the size of Denmark. The launch complex floors would be 28 feet (8.5 m) below the surface, with the missile launchers even deeper, and clusters of missile launch centers would be spaced 4 miles (6.4 km) apart. New tunnels were to be dug every year, so that after five years there would be thousands of firing positions, among which the several hundred missiles could be rotated. The Army intended to deploy a shortened, two-stage version of the U.S. Air Force's Minuteman missile, a variant the Army proposed calling the Iceman.

When the camp was decommissioned in 1967, its infrastructure and waste were abandoned under the assumption they would be entombed forever by perpetual snowfall. A 2016 study found that the portion of the ice sheet covering Camp Century will start to melt by 2100, if current trends continue. When the ice melts, the camp’s infrastructure, as well as remaining biological, chemical and radioactive waste, will re-enter the environment and potentially disrupt nearby ecosystems. This includes 200,000 liters of diesel, PCBs and radioactive waste.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Iceworm

keith reed likes this.
  12. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
  13. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Interesting interview on Canada.

Nitro_X likes this.
  14. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    I do not know how much you guys are exposed about the US shenanigans in Ukraine. But here is a little tidbit of info, draw your own conclusions.

Tree cutter and marty351 like this.
  15. Nitro_X

Nitro_X Numbskull

Members Ride:
    2007 VE SV6
    Mate, the Australian government (both major parties - Labor & LNP) are lap dogs to the Whitehouse/Pentagon military industrial complex.
    There is a steady flow of this crap in our local mainstream media.
    Our PM was in NY this week for a 'State Dinner' with your President, captain trumpet, wining and dining in luxury all on the tax payers dime and no doubt sucking up and making deals of many kinds while offering support for your governments endless wars, propaganda and terrorist activities.

The state of global politics is a joke, it seems that the prerequisite for rising to positions of power is to lack integrity and shake hands with corruption.

Skydrol likes this.
  16. Tailgunner

Tailgunner Active Member

Members Ride:
    VE 2 SSV Redline wagon
    Good stuff, guys.
    +1

17. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Nitro... To be a politician, a good for life politician, the requirements are simple. Has to be corruptable, able to stick to the script, listen to the handler and be likeable to the people. The rest does not matter, just keep the appearances and all will be a-ok. Do some "right", a scandal will surface quicker than a hurry.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    marty351 likes this.
  18. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Here is some that just came fresh out of the oven. A taste of what is like the News Channels in the USA... you, be the judge.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4
    IS COOKING....

19. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    So, what is going on down there?

%%%%%%%%%

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-50119559

Australian newspapers black out front pages in 'secrecy' protest

Australia's biggest newspaper rivals have made a rare showing of unity by publishing redacted front pages in a protest against press restrictions.

The News Corp Australia and Nine mastheads on Monday showed blacked-out text beside red stamps marked "secret".

The protest is aimed at national security laws which journalists say have stifled reporting and created a "culture of secrecy" in Australia.

The government said it backed press freedom but "no one was above the law".

In June, police raids on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) and the home of a News Corp Australia journalist generated a huge backlash.

The media organisations said the raids had been conducted over articles which had relied on leaks from whistleblowers. One detailed allegations of war crimes, while the other reported an alleged attempt by a government agency to spy on Australian citizens.

ABC police raids highlight risks of whistleblowingWhy the #MeToo conversation is being stifled in Australia

The campaign on Monday, by the Right to Know Coalition, was also supported by several TV, radio and online outlets.

Michael Miller, executive chairman of News Corp Australia, tweeted an image of his blacked-out mastheads which include The Australian and The Daily Telegraph. He urged the public to ask of the government: "What are they trying to hide from me?"

20. keith reed

keith reed Active Member

Members Ride:
    1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
    The newspapers are bleating because they are being denied information that they think they should be able to print.
    Quite likely correct but given their political bias I won't be losing any sleep.

Skydrol likes this.