Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Gives you an insight into what the liberals plan for Australia really is

I have 3 kids under 30 oldest is 26 youngest is 22 all 3 are working and have moved out of home
If any lose their jobs does that mean I am then liable for looking after them financially again for 6 months?
If so I will want family tax benefits again or at least some sort of tax break

Someone has to feed them... Is it a family unemployment "levy"? You will be responsible for your adult children if you don't want to see them and their kids starve?

My oldest is 28(F&T) youngest 19(Uni). No new taxes, we'll look after families. No-one will be worse off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiekYLkMyv8
You know it's their fault anyway. Anyway, that's the real Tony Abbott.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxwkbkXGPdM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eai3eKPEV5I

You could fill a page with them. He has no class.

Last edited:

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
I feel she should do more charity work too
Seeing as how her husbands policies will force more Australians to have to turn to charities

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

I think Margie is doing a great job of not being associated with Tony, it tells a tale. Leaver her alone, she has the good sense not to be near him, that's enough for me.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I think Margie is doing a great job of not being associated with Tony, it tells a tale. Leaver her alone, she has the good sense not to be near him, that's enough for me.

Word has it they are actually seperated, that's the gossip from the north shore I have seen bandied about.
I find it remarkable that margie, in that shot in the article, looks like Tony in drag - facial shape, features etc. same as Tony...... but will be nice and say it's just that angle ;)

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Nice to see that the left side of the forum finally has something to laugh at. Nearly two pages of non-stop chatter without a conservative in sight. Long time since you boys could manage that, but the Libs ARE giving you plenty of ammo to play with.

However, a little comment, please.

Surely the government gives you enough to play with, without trying to turn this forum into the Womans Weekly? You three are like a bunch of old moles sitting round the fire gossiping about one of your neighbours. Dear me. Domestic issues for the PM and his family have no place here. Talk about the things that matter. And C2105026 - only last week you made some comment about appearances not being relevant to political performance? So can't we leave hypocracy out and leave Margie's appearance alone too? It is not relevant to this forum.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Messing with anything that makes it less attractive to invest in superannuation is a very bad move IMO. Part of the problem is expected growth in the age pension. The more people invest in super, the lower the burden age pensions will be on future budgets. By it's very nature there are long lead times here and changes now for a short term tax grab will have far reaching implications down the track.

If everything was tip-top, there wouldn't be the need to even have this discussion.
Abbotts numbers are quite low, in the ballpark of when Gillard and Rudd were respectively replaced.

Ok - here's the deal - popularity ratings go down and some journo asks about leadership. He gives his answer and whammo - next minute there are headlines everywhere that Abbott is heading off a leadership challenge. It happened chronically with the previous administration (some agitated by Gillard/Rudd (whoever wasn't in the job at the time)) whilst other times I'm positive it was just a fishing expedition by some journo struggling to find an angle for their column that day.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice to see that the left side of the forum finally has something to laugh at. Nearly two pages of non-stop chatter without a conservative in sight. Long time since you boys could manage that, but the Libs ARE giving you plenty of ammo to play with.

Indeed at the moment the Libs are a gift that keeps on giving
However, a little comment, please.

Surely the government gives you enough to play with, without trying to turn this forum into the Womans Weekly? You three are like a bunch of old moles sitting round the fire gossiping about one of your neighbours. Dear me. Domestic issues for the PM and his family have no place here. Talk about the things that matter. And C2105026 - only last week you made some comment about appearances not being relevant to political performance? So can't we leave hypocracy out and leave Margie's appearance alone too? It is not relevant to this forum.

Was just something I noticed. Of course, very tongue in cheek. As your earlier comment was. :) or should that be a ;) ?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Indeed at the moment the Libs are a gift that keeps on giving

Was just something I noticed. Of course, very tongue in cheek. As your earlier comment was. :) or should that be a ;) ?

Well, as Milne is actually a politician, she is subject to more intense scrutiny in her performance in that role. The PM's wife is not. I see a difference, because families should be exempt IMO from sarcasm or innuendo. Milne says things that polarise the electorate. If you support her ideals, she's right. If you don't, she's wrong. In fact, some of her statements are as idiotic and entertaining as anything Abbott can dream up. (S'pose I could include Sarah Hansen-Young in that, too. A true Green, though somewhat predictable).

So exactly what does the PM's wife do that lends her to fireside gossip?

Keep your tongue firmly planted wherever you want it. I have no doubt that your little triumvirate will have lots more Liberal tit-bits to prattle over in the future. Would you all like a few blankets to keep your knees warm?

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Messing with anything that makes it less attractive to invest in superannuation is a very bad move IMO. Part of the problem is expected growth in the age pension. The more people invest in super, the lower the burden age pensions will be on future budgets. By it's very nature there are long lead times here and changes now for a short term tax grab will have far reaching implications down the track.

Did you read the article? It's about the wealthy using it to put money in then take it out to avoid tax etc. It's being used as a tax avoidance scheme.

Calaber, I don't think I was gossiping, "Leaver her alone, she has the good sense not to be near him, that's enough for me." But I'll have a blankie thanks. Winter is coming.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, as Milne is actually a politician, she is subject to more intense scrutiny in her performance in that role. Milne says things that polarise the electorate. If you support her ideals, she's right. If you don't, she's wrong.
Well yes

I see a difference, because families should be exempt IMO from sarcasm or innuendo.
If they are dragged into political campaigning, or are used to illustrate a point (i.e. Abbotts supposed lack of sexism because he lives with women in his household), they may be regarded by some as fair game. Indeed many, many people had a go at Gillard over her marriage/child status, her partner, etc. same thing with Kevin Rudds missus and even going back to Anita Keating.....

In fact, some of her statements are as idiotic and entertaining as anything Abbott can dream up. (S'pose I could include Sarah Hansen-Young in that, too. A true Green, though somewhat predictable).
As you have suggested many times before. But with the values system you have illustrated on this thread, would I expect any other opinion?

So exactly what does the PM's wife do that lends her to fireside gossip?
I dunno something involving the Kardashians new diet. LOL JK......

Keep your tongue firmly planted wherever you want it.
Sound bite of the century :p

I have no doubt that your little triumvirate will have lots more Liberal tit-bits to prattle over in the future. Would you all like a few blankets to keep your knees warm?
Actually this May has been quite warm.......