Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Shorten is a bloody muppet. If Labor want half a chance of winning the next election they'd boot him for Albo. I say keep Shorten though, at least that way we won't have another spendy Wendy 3 years which will send us even more in to debt.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Shorten is a bloody muppet. If Labor want half a chance of winning the next election they'd boot him for Albo. I say keep Shorten though, at least that way we won't have another spendy Wendy 3 years which will send us even more in to debt.

They can't replace him. Kevin Rudd changed the Labor caucus voting system so that the leader requires 75% of the caucus vote to become leader. This was so the double knifing that happened with Rudd/Gillard/Rudd can't ever happen again but I doubt (since it was Labor) they had the foresight to realise it meant they couldn't easily replace un-electable opposition leaders.

Unless BS dies or resigns, Labor are stuck with him.

Eevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute

another reason libs want an early election.

speaking of early election, i got an email from the AEC asking me to update my details "just in case" they need people to work for them during an election.
do the AEC know something....

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Interesting that Abbott was Labor's best hope of winning the next election but now Shorten is the Coalition's best hope.

Nothing like being a dead loss leader to boost your opponent's chances.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
At least the Labor voters can take solace in the fact their Liberal Party PM would better be suited to the Labor party. God help us if he gets control of the HoR AND the Senate.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I'm still prepared to give Turnbull time to prove himself. He DID inherit a financial mess which Hockey had not been able to fix. Morrison is still a novice Treasurer and the Senate hasn't helped by obstructing some unpopular but essential legislation.

I want the next election to result in a workable house of review that doesn't just play politics or provide a soap box for minority idiots.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
They can't replace him. Kevin Rudd changed the Labor caucus voting system so that the leader requires 75% of the caucus vote to become leader. This was so the double knifing that happened with Rudd/Gillard/Rudd can't ever happen again but I doubt (since it was Labor) they had the foresight to realise it meant they couldn't easily replace un-electable opposition leaders.

Ahh yep, I remember that now. Good move by KRudd at the time, made it look like they were keen to hold ranks, now it's backfired hahaha.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
Yeah I agree, but you miss the point, constitutionally he may not be able to ask the Governor General for a DD.
Didn't they do a DD Quickie so the Queen could open parliament in the 30's

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Didn't they do a DD Quickie so the Queen could open parliament in the 30's

Considering in the 1930s we had a King and not a Queen, then no.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
So how's big Mal working out for you lot?
Everything you expected?