Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
No have not seen that, on my news feeds I get things of a green-left orientation; I did not receive this today. Something like that would be in the serious media, even if it was a pro-left guardian/ABC/SBS. Firstly to allow that project, legislation would need to be passed. Parliament not sitting for about another month. So is obviously a hoax.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
... So is obviously a hoax.

And we all know what happens with hoaxes on mediums like Facebook :(.

Ooooh, maybe someone should invent an "Are you smart enough for social media?" test that ALL people have to pass before they get a Facebook or any other social media account :D

It'll have great questions like "If someone warns you that if you continue reading that you will be cursed by an undead female child unless you repost this, what would you do?" and "Is it acceptable to photograph your food/baby on the potty/baby vomiting/pet looking up innocently next to an "accident"/duckface, yes or no?"

It might be a solution to social media-induced narcissistic personality disorders :D

Oh, sorry, I digressed from politics. Um. So about this Clive Palmer dude, hey? What a complete tool :p the sad part is that he'll probably still manage to get voted for if he stands again in 3 years time.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
And we all know what happens with hoaxes on mediums like Facebook :(.

Ooooh, maybe someone should invent an "Are you smart enough for social media?" test that ALL people have to pass before they get a Facebook or any other social media account :D

It'll have great questions like "If someone warns you that if you continue reading that you will be cursed by an undead female child unless you repost this, what would you do?" and "Is it acceptable to photograph your food/baby on the potty/baby vomiting/pet looking up innocently next to an "accident"/duckface, yes or no?"

It might be a solution to social media-induced narcissistic personality disorders :D

Oh, sorry, I digressed from politics. Um. So about this Clive Palmer dude, hey? What a complete tool :p the sad part is that he'll probably still manage to get voted for if he stands again in 3 years time.

LOL....well he needs to have some policy beyond removing mining/carbon tax. He has all the makings of a one term wonder like....Pauline Hanson. She came in with guns blazing in 1996. Tried to form a party - named after her - in 1997. By October 1998 elections, it was all over. People had had enough.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Peta Credlin escapes a drink driving charge and fined $69 court fees....

What a discrace
Any other thoughts?

Peta Credlin, Tony Abbott's chief of staff, avoids punishment on drink-driving charge - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

It really depends on what the law says in Canberra (I presume that's where she was) and what other people who blow similar amounts with a similar driving record get. In Victoria it wouldn't happen as AFAIK there it's mandated you must loose your license for over 0.05 without any provision for discretion.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Nah, more guns is not the solution to gun related crime.

Think of it this way, all those people on the roads, the ones who can't merge, can't maintain speed, maintain their name, can't indicate, are perplexed by round abouts, crash into each other, mistake the accelerator for the break, etc.

How would you feel about all of them having guns?

While one of incidents like school shootings could potentially be avoided, imagine how many people would shoot themselves or others through sheer stupidity.