Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Russia, China and immigration are the least of the problems for the US currently, America is rotting from the inside out, and it is easier to set focus on external threats than internal

And oldie but a goodie

Nope Trump has his focus on the internal threats, they are called the swamp.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
FFS, just watch Biden's State of The Union address from March 7th 2024. He outwitted a room half full of Republican politicians. Again! In real time, thinking on his feet and ad-libbing. Or keep believing what bulshitters tell you instead of your own lying eyes and ears.

You have an interesting take on "outwitted".

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
No. I can recognise truth and perceive reality, due to an innate abilty to utilise my prefrontal cortex for critical thinking.
Sux2bu.

marty351

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl gemini
Hahaa (again). Trump is not being hung, drawn and quartered. Besides, the eighth amendment is only applicable to defendants in criminal cases, his NY CIVIL fraud case would not measure up. The "punishment" he is receiving is neither excessive, cruel nor unusual for a liar who commited multiple frauds over several years and now has to pay what he should have if he hadn't lied. Bigly.
Who was defrauded, exactly?
Either way, Leticia gained office under false pretenses making the entire case void.
And yes, the 8th amendment does apply here.
Excessive and unreasonable.
And the fallout from this case is already being measured. Not good for NY residents, but you get what you vote for.
Oh wait, they didn't vote to bankrupt the state.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Nope Trump has his focus on the internal threats, they are called the swamp.
So he is all over the higher unemployment, mass poverty and large deficit from his last reign, but, let's leave that particular point out for a second

As for the man himself, I assume he will pay the $500 odd million, plus the daily interest of legal fees he has outstanding, which I believe is due to be paid this coming Monday, and if not paid, and they can go for his assets, which he is trying to block, it will be interesting to see what his assets are actually worth when they put them up for what they are are worth, and not what Trump "thinks" and says they are worth

That of course doesn't take into consideration the $1 billion odd dollars, plus interest, he still owes from bank loans he has amassed over the last few years on his assets

A quick google shows his assets at "around" $2.? billion, and he is currently struggling to find a bank, or 2, to lend him more, why you may ask..... Because he isn't paying the loans he has now, and the banks are struggling with the valuation of his assets

At least if he gets elected he can give himself a presidential pardon, which is nice......for him

Go Team America

Strange times indeed

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Who was defrauded, exactly?
Either way, Leticia gained office under false pretenses making the entire case void.
And yes, the 8th amendment does apply here.
Excessive and unreasonable.
And the fallout from this case is already being measured. Not good for NY residents, but you get what you vote for.
Oh wait, they didn't vote to bankrupt the state.

The taxpayers of New York were defrauded (when trump falsified the values of his real estate holdings as being lower than actual and thereby avoiding taxes). Doesn't anybody on here ever read anything at all about the things they're mouthing off about?
Deflection. Letitia James IS the elected Attorney General of New York. That's a fact. Suck it up, pumpkin.
Good luck with trying for the 8th. It won't fly, but Trump will clutch at any straw if he thinks it might gain him a delay.
It's neither excessive nor unreasonable for the "billionaire" who was bragging "I don’t worry about money" two weeks ago to pay a $354 million fine. The reason it keeps going up is because he wants to appeal and therefore has to deposit the fine, plus interest, to do so. The interest is compounding. Daily. Trump is being unreasonably in asking for special treatment. He needs to put up or shut up.
What fallout? Many New Yorkers (most of the ones that I know personally anyway) despise him, for the businesses and employees he has shafted and bilked, the bills and wages unpaid.
I don't see what, if anything, this case has to to do with the NY State financial status which has been dancing along a cliff for at least four years.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
marilago was actually valued by the florida council assessor at 18 million
similar to our council rates, and trump paid the rates due
he then applied for a loan and estimated the value of his properties, and wrote on them that this was a personal estimate and a valuation would need to be carried out
same as us paying rates when the council is out by a few hundred thousand on their valuation, and then selling house and putting a high price on it

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
FFS, just watch Biden's State of The Union address from March 7th 2024. He outwitted a room half full of Republican politicians. Again! In real time, thinking on his feet and ad-libbing. Or keep believing what bulshitters tell you instead of your own lying eyes and ears.
Personally, I don’t give a rats arse about Biden or Trump. I just gave an opinion based on an article posted by immortality, which I think I’m entitled to do so without people getting their knickers in a knot.
As far as bullshitters go, I’d say most politicians were in that category. I’ve been around long enough to see that.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
As far as bullshitters go, I’d say most politicians were in that category. I’ve been around long enough to see that.
Q.How do you know a politican is lying?
A. Their lips are moving!

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
When I leant about history, I was somewhat perplexed as to how tyrants and dictators could come to power, and how strange that it was possible that they could garner the support of their population. How was it that the German population could allow, and support, the extermination of the Jews under Hitler for example. Somehow, I figure that the modern world would be beyond that sort of behaviour as we have mass communication and are generally better educated and informed. Then comes along Trump and his double-speak that would do George Orwell proud.

Then I realise the age old truth - the world changes, but it remains the same. I suspect that America is on the pathway of some sort of political coup. Maybe we are on the cusp of the decline of America?