Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
yep. guy i used to work with first completed his diploma/certificate to become an electrician, then got an apprenticeship.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Do you know where I live? I live in Canberra, I was born and raised here, my grandmother and my mother were both public servants.
I live in a public servant town, do you think I don't know a thing or two about the public service.
Agreed you know how the public service works....You often brag how little work you do and how you get out of it.....

Oh and we all now what Canberra is full of, which matches you to a "T"

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Plus I just had an interview with a place that is heavy diesel, I should start on about 42 if they take me, they said once I convert to heavy diesel I will get paid more. So plan is to get my heavy diesel as quick as possible and move into a mechanical fitter job with a city service company preferably government, as like I said it's 50-60 an hour plus 15% super plus full loadings and plenty of overtime available.
But you were going to open your own onsite aircon service business within 12 months.

So which is it?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Your mentioning going to the pub at lunch time reminded me of a job I worked on in the Brisbane CBD. Quite a few would go to the pub at lunch time. The attitude was it's my time and I will do as I please. That all changed when the boss said it wasn't a good idea. The attitude then changed pretty quick and as one said to me it's better than losing a job.
Switched to getting on the bags at lunch.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
But you were going to open your own onsite aircon service business within 12 months.

So which is it?

I'm doing the course for AC soon, I will do that mobile on the weekends. If I get 3 or 4 jobs a weekend I can be finished by 12 and make $150 a job, if they're just regasses. If they need a pump ect I'll just book them in the next weekend.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Switched to getting on the bags at lunch.

A old mate, worked in machinery so excavators ect, the amount of bosses and owners he worked for that racked coke all day is insane.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
So, because I anonymously typed on a commodore forum, that I wouldn't hire a woman as a mechanic, this somehow would exclude me from a public service job....... okay.
You clearly have no idea what you're on about.
I know these guys that used to take ecstasy while they were working for parks and gardens, which is guess what a government agency, they also used to ride the ride on mowers to the pub and drink beer at lunch time.
That sort of stuff doesn't go on anymore, but I'm sure you would horrified if you knew what really happens in government departments.
One of my mates, who retired on the CSS and gets paid for the rest of his life went and got another government job. In his first job his boss used to take him to lunch, for 3 hours drinking beer.

Like I said I know wayyyy more about govco land than the average person, this is because I've been exposed to it my entire life.

It wasn't just the gov't where heading to the pub for lunch was a common practice, nor was it just the gov't co where drugs were used in the workplace and workers got away with all of these things. It still does occur....

How ever these days, random drug and alcohol testing can and does get implimented and the results for those getting caught isn't a slap on the wrist, unlike the older days.

The same applies for comments on social media....It doesn't take too much for an employer to find out things you say on social media platforms, if they wish to and the end results can be a little eye opening for those that think it's al right....

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
is it just me of has everyone thought the AFL was upto all this stuff all along... kinda noticeable looking in over the years yet from the inside they think its all under wraps, and i dont even follow AFL

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
But there is issues with women in workshops, If I was in the government I would have to work with who they have, but in a private shop I would refuse to hire women, due to what I learnt.
I call B/S on this statement..

I know of private workshops that have hired and trained females in mechanics and even my field of a tyre fitter. So post that crap up

Do some research over mycar...There private and a good start

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
is it just me of has everyone thought the AFL was upto all this stuff all along... kinda noticeable looking in over the years yet from the inside they think its all under wraps, and i dont even follow AFL

I’m not an AFL follower either. I do get amazed by the (yet another) ‘footballer behaving badly’ story in the news. And somehow footballers are held in esteem and even held up as role models in society.