Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
One thing you can say about Trump like him or loathe him that he certainly has everyones attention

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Interesting watch, if only Robert had such strong convictions while Clinton was paying his wage.

Well Clinton wasn’t encouraging insurrection or trying to argue the president should be above the law, so there’s that.

It’s well known that public servants basically have their hands tied behind their backs nowadays and can’t speak out about anything lest they lose their job. Not sure how it was in his time as a public servant though, probably a lot more free than it is today but I’m sure speaking out against the government would have been a career limiting move.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Well Clinton wasn’t encouraging insurrection or trying to argue the president should be above the law, so there’s that.

It’s well known that public servants basically have their hands tied behind their backs nowadays and can’t speak out about anything lest they lose their job. Not sure how it was in his time as a public servant though, probably a lot more free than it is today but I’m sure speaking out against the government would have been a career limiting move.
So convictions are only as strong as the next pay cheque.
People like him, on both sides of politics, give me the shits. Nothing but yes men for money and then once over the hill we have all the answers, criticisms, etc

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
So convictions are only as strong as the next pay cheque.
People like him, on both sides of politics, give me the shits. Nothing but yes men for money and then once over the hill we have all the answers, criticisms, etc

I used to think the same way but realistically if you were my boss and I told you your company was fuked up would you happily pay me and promote me? Probably not so those people are just a product of a system that enforces stfu and keep your head down.

The people in charge (in both the public and private sector) very rarely take well to criticism and think the sun shines out their arse so if you want or need a paycheque then you better create the appearance that you agree with them!

If anything the only people deserving of criticism in that regard are politicians as they are elected for X years and have parliamentary immunity so they can realistically say anything the people who voted for them agree with, but they don’t.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
The people in charge (in both the public and private sector) very rarely take well to criticism and think the sun shines out their arse so if you want or need a paycheque then you better create the appearance that you agree with them!

I look at it is a little bit differently.

The person in those leadership positions has won that position and gone through the recruitment ‘hoops’. All the applicants or possible contenders would all have their own approaches to the same job. The company or agency has decided that the person they have chosen has the ‘values’ and ‘attributes’ that best fit the way they want that section operated.

So, my view has been that the person leading has been chosen to do so because their approach best suits the organisation at that time. So, “it’s their way” that won out. So, I would do as they say/ask. That doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t question them about their approach or methodology, but I would always ‘question‘ for the purposes of understanding and not challenging.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
I look at it is a little bit differently.

The person in those leadership positions has won that position and gone through the recruitment ‘hoops’. All the applicants or possible contenders would all have their own approaches to the same job. The company or agency has decided that the person they have chosen has the ‘values’ and ‘attributes’ that best fit the way they want that section operated.

So, my view has been that the person leading has been chosen to do so because their approach best suits the organisation at that time. So, “it’s their way” that won out. So, I would do as they say/ask. That doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t question them about their approach or methodology, but I would always ‘question‘ for the purposes of understanding and not challenging.

Well yes, I wasn’t very diplomatic in how I described it. The point still stands though that public criticism of your employer (government or private) probably isn’t going to get you very far in life. That’s why we get a lot of people who do an about face once they retire or leave a specific profession.

The real respect belongs to the whistleblowers who put their hand up while they are still working for their employer but government ruthlessly prosecutes those people to prevent them from speaking up.

Just have a look at David McBride, Julian Assange, Richard Boyle, Bernard Collaery. There is certainly a pattern there of stfu or else.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Bernie would have made a far better president than any of the muppets that they have had for a long time.
"Weekend at Bernie's" Bernie ?
Sad that the 'prospectives' for their next election, and their supporters are so ...... :oops: ....... ahhhh ......... elderly.