Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

jerky take off

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
How man rev's at idle? Have you run a test for error codes (under how to section). How old are the leads, spark plugs? It sounds like an engine fuel delivery/spark problem. Maybe something is giving an incorrect reading or a sensor is loose?

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
i changed my IAC about a month ago it seemed to get a bit better it idles at around 700 in drive, plugs a brand new same with leads, no error codes

the only thing i think it could be is because i have a 70mm throttle body?
thanks everyone for the help so far

Avi8or

Luxo-barging
Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice 6L
My mate was having a similar problem (although not a Commodore), turns out he had a leak in the air intake. Check your air box, air intake pipe, the connection between the pipe and the box, and the connection between the pipe and the throttle body. If you find any leaks fix them up and then see if it still has the problem.

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
i just checked the air intake no leaks, but i think i found a leak in the exhaust system just after the cat the part where it connects to the rest of the exhaust looks like a gasket is leaking, could this be my problem?

evil_vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s
my vs had exactly the same problem.. it was the exhaust manifold in the end. it had a rather large crack in it. annyoed the hell out of me for a long time as well

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
ive got the same sort of thing in my vr commy, i finnaly got an error code (36) to do with a vacuum leak, i checked for errors for a long time and finally one showd up. ill check it out on the weekend, but all my hoses are on and throttle bodys bolted up tight and gaskets should be ok..

Last edited: