Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Join my group!!! Vy enthusiasts keen to see your rides!!!!

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
Been thinking of getting the green mirrors to match.. Seen 1 colour coded green number plate garnish on eBay but it was scratched to hell..

They have them on ebay for 60 bucks, I got mine from a local wreckers, called "just commodores parts" conveniently, located in cragieburn near the hume hwy.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Have seen them on eBay.. Might have a look tomorrow at the local commodore wreckers and if not then ebay is the winner

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
Have also been considering colour coded mirrors but they aren't cheap to do either way....could buy new ones for the same price as getting mine painted.

Kingy_vyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 383
VY SS, fairly basic from outside, just lowered and on 19" roh mantis wheels.

Attachments

• SS.jpg
    SS.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 1,188

mitchone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S1 s pack ute
t5ki7t.jpg

rims have since been plasticoated black and the tail lights tinted a shade or 2 darker.

SSL kings in the back with pedders sports ryder shocks. SL in front same shocks. no engine mods other then a K&N panel filter.
and a fully sick sound system that i spend to much time fussing over.

mechatron

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY SS
I've had my car since new and have been modifying it ever since. I've done cam & head work (with lifters, dual valve springs, push rods, 25% UDP & catch can etc), 1 3/4" Di filippo headers, ballistic cats, twin 3" exhaust, Duspeed OTR, Textralia clutch, Ripshifter, 3,9s with True Trac, Harrop 4 piston brakes, Bilstein B8 shocks, super low Kings and all new bushes etc, HIDs in the headlights & foglights, 19" wheels, stereo consisting of Alpine ICS-X8 head unit & OEM looking reverse camera, Focal speakers (P165V30, PC690 & 165-CVX), Focal FPP4100 amp, Alpine 12" Type R sub and Alpine PDX-M12 amp & RUX-KNOB bass controller, VZ SS tail lights, & LED lights for parkers, reverse lights and interior lights. I also have Aeroforce Tech Gauges mounted in a VY HSV pod and have a bit of "brushed steel" vinyl wrapping done on the interior where the silver paint was.

Last edited:

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
Pretty damn clean mate good stuff, not a fan of chrome wheels but they don't look too shabby.

mechatron

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY SS
Pretty damn clean mate good stuff, not a fan of chrome wheels but they don't look too shabby.

Thanks bud. Yeah I've had those wheels for about 5yrs now. I was going to change them recently but I decided to put the money towards the Bilsteins/Kings/new bushes etc and I'm over the moon with the new suspension setup

phillyG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s2 Spac 3.8 n/a
Here is my 04 vy s, has a hbd sunroof and thats about it
Stock on the outside and stock audio
Has a mace cai, plenum and intake spacer, memcal tune to 98 and a 2.5" lukey cat back
Plans are just extractors and maybe some audio upgrading and wheels
Maintenance and keeping her clean is the main priority
Did a whole heap to my last car (98 golf) and only lost money so learning from that mistake haha
52l5pk.jpg