Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jonnos VK :)

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I've had 4 VK's 2 EFI and 2 Vh's i'd rather stick with the EFI even though its a fair **** system theyre much better than the carbies.

EDIT are you going to do work to your motor ?? If so the EFI system will be useless as your unable to make necessary adjustments to it.
I had a fair decent motor in my last VH and planned on converting to EFI Setup using VK bits and Delco ecu off vn and je camiras was going to be a bit of stuffing around but would be worth it in the end.

Nice looking vk BTW , calais moulds would do wonders for the 2 tone look

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
Last edited:

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I had a 12 port yella terra head on my VH be the way to go if your thinking of headwork

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
Well if your not rolling in money it aint going to be easy.
You could trick up the standard head with extra compression ratio and some port work.
Or you could save up and buy this lightweight performance head Yella Terra - Company news
IMO hydraulic cams suck i went solid with my old motor.
If you dont know how to adjust rocker arms with feeler gauges then probably best to go hydraulic unless you got a mechanic.
Screw in rocker studs, guide plates, teflon valve stem seals.
Good valve springs with correct installed height and seat pressure.
The cam i used to run was a 60/96 with 276 degrees duration and about 500" lift, big sucker, would not reccomend to go quite that big for a street cam.
Better off with something about 35/75
EFI can work ok but IMO rip that crap off and stick a Cain manifold modifed to suit a 12 port head, yes this requires alloy welding and match porting and stick a 500- 4 barrel holley on it.
HEI dizzys are crap IMO, i used to break them all the time with the reluctor wheels coming loose and causing all sorts of dramas.
I used to run a points dizzy with Bosch or Echlin points and that thing saw 8000 rpm many many times and yeah thats alot of revs for a 202.
Mind you mine was race prepped with all custom extractors and 45DCOE webers.

vk.jonno

Reaction score
Members Ride
---------------------

Last edited:

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Yeah your mainly limited by the ecu you can always go an aftermarket ecu but thats going to be alot of money. Personally mate enjoy it as it is and either build a bigger motor or wait till your off your p's and drop an eight into.
Looks like a nice cruiser and it goes as fast your you can on the roads as it is.

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
I have seen EFI setup put out 130ish rwkw so they can be made to work.
Pretty sure you can tune them, i know Gareth at Willall racing has had some time working on these maybe send them an email.

vk.jonno

Reaction score
Members Ride
---------------------

Last edited: