Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Josh's 2003 VY-II SS Sedan 6sp

joshyewahh

Lumpy VY-II SS! 335rwkw!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY-II SS 6spM
The rip shifter is pretty sweet!
Pro's - the gear stick is really stiff now in the syncros. It has very little play from side to side when in gear.
Very Precise/shortened throw from 1st to 2nd.
Throw from 2nd to 3rd is bang on the money every time with No thought or effort.
The space between 1-3-5-r and 2-4-6 is tiny! Like a cm appart now n u can't miss a gear cause of the way the H-pattern is set out.

Cons - when looking for neutral it seems hard to get the shifter to go side to side.
Bit weird to get used to. Gotta feel round n learn the box before u start going 5th to 3rd n trying to skip gears while down shifting.
Stock gear knob won't go back on 100% straight lol, ehh

joshyewahh

Lumpy VY-II SS! 335rwkw!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY-II SS 6spM
The grille was a weekend project
Used the dremel n cut the Holden badge out.
Used some thin bits of wood the hold the two sides together n close the gap.
Sheeted up some fibre glass n that resin/catalist stuff n just layered it up till I was happy.
Used an electric sanded n smoothed it all out how I wanted.
Primed it n sanded it a few times to get rid of a few last tiny air bubbles and then sprayed it matte black :)

SSV-050

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed
Rims look killa now mate, I probably would have left the badges on but everyones different lol. Im probably getting the senator spoiler on mine soon.

joshyewahh

Lumpy VY-II SS! 335rwkw!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY-II SS 6spM
I put on the strengthened drive shaft last night as well as the Varex muffler, 3" catback, 2.5" 100cell cats, and the tri-Y pace maker headers with new NGK iridium spark plugs.

Took a few hours but it all ended up fitting. It's currently at the zorst shop getting bits cut/paste so that they don't rub/ vibrate on the floor of the car haha.
Also getting different tips welded onto the Varex muffler.

0FB12860-6DDB-43CB-A03E-81DD14D27647-4278-00000582C43DEAAE.jpg