Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Julia Gillard - Cleaner Cars welcomed????

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
government and logic, im afraid, are not two words that will be seen together in a sentence.

Well except for the one above. LOL

swiftymcfeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL Calais Turbo
2000 bucks.... LMFAO. How about she GIVES me the 2000 bucks and ill put a newer engine in it... No way in hell this monotone BITCH is getting my vote. **** this really pisses me off. Do we even have a choice as to whether our cars are scrapped or not?

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
Isn't it about emissions and fuel consumption, not road safety? If so, there are many vehicles from the mid to late 70's and even early 80's that are far more economical than current cars. I'll probably be killed in it, but hey, I bought a 1983 Subaru Sherpa for a daily drive. It uses HALF the fuel of my Monaro, which averages only 10l per 100kms. So yeah, it's such a MASSIVE achievement getting a modern car with less than 6l/100kms fuel usage, but if you look back 30-40 years it was commonplace.

Design a car for Australia that doesn't NEED air conditioning, kerb weight less than 600kgs (it's MORE than possible with aluminium), two stars ANCAP is better than none! Give the public those cars, ensure they're LPG only (or diesel *spit*), provide greater government incentive for ALTERNATIVE FUELS, and let us bastards cruise around on the weekend with our big V8's from yesteryear! It should be almost impossible for us to find petrol for the tanks of those monsters, not the other way around.

ALTERNATIVE FUELS FOR THE EPIC WIN!!!!!

swiftymcfeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL Calais Turbo
Isn't it about emissions and fuel consumption, not road safety? If so, there are many vehicles from the mid to late 70's and even early 80's that are far more economical than current cars. I'll probably be killed in it, but hey, I bought a 1983 Subaru Sherpa for a daily drive. It uses HALF the fuel of my Monaro, which averages only 10l per 100kms. So yeah, it's such a MASSIVE achievement getting a modern car with less than 6l/100kms fuel usage, but if you look back 30-40 years it was commonplace.

Design a car for Australia that doesn't NEED air conditioning, kerb weight less than 600kgs (it's MORE than possible with aluminium), two stars ANCAP is better than none! Give the public those cars, ensure they're LPG only (or diesel *spit*), provide greater government incentive for ALTERNATIVE FUELS, and let us bastards cruise around on the weekend with our big V8's from yesteryear! It should be almost impossible for us to find petrol for the tanks of those monsters, not the other way around.

ALTERNATIVE FUELS FOR THE EPIC WIN!!!!!

Ohhh my mate has a sherpa as a paddock basher... omg it is fun haha. Isnt it like a 2 cylinder or something?

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
2 n/a vl's 1 twin turbo vl vn ss vy sv8
2000 bucks.... LMFAO. How about she GIVES me the 2000 bucks and ill put a newer engine in it... No way in hell this monotone BITCH is getting my vote. **** this really pisses me off. Do we even have a choice as to whether our cars are scrapped or not?

No you don't have to scrap your car its just an incentive to trade it in on one of the approved cars and then u get the 2k

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
If you really want older cars off the roads. Close down wreckers. i'm sure they will be happy.

As long as new cars are made as green as they can, then you can't ask for much more then that. Todays cars will be tomorrows cars with higher green ratings then older yesterday cars. i don't think we need to go all hybrid electric crazy.

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
2 n/a vl's 1 twin turbo vl vn ss vy sv8
If you really want older cars off the roads. Close down wreckers. i'm sure they will be happy.

As long as new cars are made as green as they can, then you can't ask for much more then that. Todays cars will be tomorrows cars with higher green ratings then older yesterday cars. i don't think we need to go all hybrid electric crazy.

It takes more energy to make a new car these days then what it did with the older cars

also you think bout what you saying....... close down ALL the wreckers...... you are pretty much saying that everyone that works at wreckers doesn't like their jobs........ you do that and then you put god knows how many people out of jobs and thus increasing the unemployment rate..... something of which the government is trying to decrease............

DarkEnvy

Bam! and the dirt is gone
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VYII Berlina
Just get a 1.0L 3cyl smart car, it has 52kW but I'm sure that's not much of a step down. (sarcasm)

Yeah, they are going about this the wrong way, if they spent that money on fixing roads and research towards alternative sources, I'm almost certain that would almost work.