Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just a two-door Sigma.

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
Gr8 to see a scorpion toyed with, reminds me of my old days at rathmines and dora creek when i built a '80 scorpion (same shape as the white one in the background of your pics)
painted her gloss black, roll cage, p76 alloy targa v8.

In my tastes i prefer the older scorpion than the GH type.
2 barrel DGAV webber on both the Astron 2000 and the Astron II engines works wonders, advance the dizzy by 1 tooth and these really come to life.
Exhaust valves in both these engines really aren't big enough.

Haven't seen on of these around in years.

Have heaps of fun champ.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
DrewVHSS is right on the money there. I had a GJ GSR Sigma. 11:1 comp, head work, cam, DGAV webber. It made 117rwkw and a **** load of fun to drive. Unless your going big boost turbo, I wouldn't bother removing the balance shafts. As long as they're maintained correctly, they won't give you any trouble. I've included a pic for some incentive for you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 497

80VC202

Reaction score
Members Ride
'80 VC pov pack
Shaft bearings are knackered anyway, so I may as well while the engine's out.
Was thinking about chucking a set of Magna flat-tops in it, but the set I have seems to have gone walkabout so it'll have to make do with stock comp for now. Rebuilt 34ADM Weber, extractors, exhaust, 2000GSR cam (bit more lift+duration, moves peak power from 5000rpm to 5800rpm), should be a fun little motor when it's done.