Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just brought vt executive. Factory 195i v8 and has hbd tag.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Hi guys my dad just brought a 1998 vt executive factory 195i V8 auto and it has a HBD holden by desighn tag on radiator support the engine covers are red and its the factory engine for the car in the log book the engine no starts with VNxxxxxx does anyone have any specs of it were there many made its pretty rare it doesnt even have power option but it has a 195i. cheers Travis.

GTS69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS GTS & VT XU6
the vt 5 litre is 179kw the hsv's had 195kw if it has 195 tags someone has put them on the hbd tag also could have been put on but they where put on cars that had some extras added and they can be any hbd kit items front spoiler side skirts or even a boot wing and also if it come with a sunroof they would add the hbd tag sadly having the HBD tag doesn't make it worth much more than the next car i had a VT cluby that hbd tags becasue it had a holden fitted sunroof in the vt-vx range they went a little crazy with taging cars HBD to make them look a little more special

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the info. On a vin decode .VNxxxxxx 304 HSV 195kw. So my guess is factory ordered with a hsv engine and the engine number is in the log book on the rego papers and its factory V8 of the tag. But executive with wind up windows and a factory 195i wtf is it :hmmm:

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
Also the heads have #010 stamped on them. And in the log book it says 1998 vt executive sedan v8 auto.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
I looked at the id and it says xx3 and that means 195i hsv engine option.
edit: and it has a air intake with hsv stamped on it.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Maybe a Police spec car?? They had some sneaky stuff over the years. My daughters VT Clubby has a VN engine number.
I remember seeing a Police HT sedan back in the early 70s that had a 350 Chev in it. Very quick car:boxing:

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
It could be a cop car but it doesnt have the chaser dash and no 9c1 or bt1 on the tag its a weird one i will check in the log book who the original buyer was tommorow cheers.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
the xx3 upgrade has been around since the VP days, they had the option from factory for the 200kw black motor with 4 bolt mains, havent seen very many vt's with it tho... probably cos it was very similarly priced to the pov pack vt ss

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Just drove past one yesterday VT Series 1 exec with 195i badge on rear, be a good buy.