Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

just chucked quad mufflers on sidi sv6 and....

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Mate... I think u just sold me on getting those tips, they sound amazing in that second clip... What was that warning signal about as you took off? Traction control break?

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
yeah, that would be the traction control that lit up on the dash..even with it on still copped a little bit of wheel spin.

edit:by the way as mostwanted said they do tend to sound better and better as weeks roll on. i wouldn't hesitate recommending them.

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII

There the ones mate! As soon as i get the family the new computer and a couple of other necessities I'm getting those tips! And the shorter antenna $30 from the same seller on ebay, holden had them but didn't want to ask how much i figure ebay will always be cheaper and they quoted me $600 for the SSV rear lights which i can get them for $380 from ebay (same seller).....i got some saving to do...

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
Hey and just want to add that OPG where you buy the stuff from really is a profesional company, I had a slight problem with one of the mufflers and fab bent over backwards rectify it, paid postage back and to send the new one out and I had it in 3 days. Now I'm doing the same thing just saving for the ssv lights

dav0j

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
just wanted to add to this thread...

picked up a set of these and installed them today. i have to say best $499 spent. my car sounds like a beast now and the throttle response is great.

highly recommended to anyone who wants to add an exhaust on and the seller fab is a top bloke!

cds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute & WM Statesman
My brother got these about 2 weeks ago for his 07 calais (the $499 quads off ebay from OPG) installed them, I took it for a drive this week and alot of drone exists between about 2100rpm to 2800rpm literally rattles the windows.

I think his thinking about taking them off and selling them and putting stocks back up, but you guys say these things get better over time? I cant imagine to understand how that may be the case... Did you experience the same issues as he did?

jasons sv6

jason
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute sv6
i have been looking at these mufflers for about two weeks now, this thread has made my mind up, as long as the drone gets better however as cds said i dont see how this is possible.

Unit_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 M6
Ditch the ones you've just bought and bolt on some SS mufflers.

Don't get the HSV mufflers, they drone like f@#k.