Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just got VE SS tuned. Is this a typical result?

shaunve

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS Sportwagon
Hi guys,

Im just interested to know, and i understand that there are many variables, but i just got my manual 09 VE SS Sportwagon tuned and got 255kw and 780Nm of torque. Mods include VCM OTR, 1 3/4" ceramic coated Hurricane extractors and cats and 2.5" Hi Tech exhaust. Did anyone out there with the same mods get a similar result? The tune was done by Dave at Silverwater Automotive; ive had him tune some pretty serious cars of mine before, and found his work to be extremely good.

Cheers,

Shaun.

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
hey man that seems a little low to me considering most of the 6.0L that are getting echaust and tune are making around 250 ... do you know what it was before they tuned it?
i know i have a sidi v6 and with the same mods i went from 155 to 183 ... that isnt bad for a 6 but from an 8 i would have expected more

BlueSteele

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SSV Sportswagon
I have the same wagon but in auto, and had same mods as you but 3" full difillipo and Im making 271kw. so 255 does seem a tad low, but u do have a 2.5" exhaust.

Buckd1ch

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 A6
Numbers mean nothing. Different dyno's will yield different results. What brand dyno is.it? The only numbers that matter are the 1/4 mile times. That will show you the real world gains.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Numbers mean nothing. Different dyno's will yield different results. What brand dyno is.it? The only numbers that matter are the 1/4 mile times. That will show you the real world gains.

What he said.....

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
254 from an 06 auto.

I thought manual was 10kw or so higher but series 2 engines were down a little bit on the series 1?

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
Seems about right for the mods, but what you havent mentioned is whether its maf or mafless tuned. like everyone else has said dyno numbers mean jack, as long as your happy with how the car drives & responds then thats all that matters.

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Sportswagon A6 Phantom
Isn't 780 Nm Torque pretty good??? That seems high to me for 255kw. In comparison the LS7 7litre is rated at 377Killa wasps and 640Nm torque.........