Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

just sick of it

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Exactly mate.

Like I said before, there will always be someone faster.

I don't really care, with my car, because I know it's not fast, but I couldn't give a sh*t if every tosser, with his stock V6 Auto or whatever can beat me.:whistling

You be suprised mate. Manual VLs go harder than Auto V6s

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Well at my age I've had the good luck to drive and be in many cars. I've owned a VX S/C (best car I've had). I drive a standard VN V6 (now with a SV 3800 tune) and also a VN V8. They all have good and bad points. The 8 is for the sound first and then the sound second and then the sound third. Oh and it gets a move on too. The v6 is OK and with the sv 3800 tune delivers great mid range power to go with its low down take off power. Dont know what top end power is like yet. But the S/C VX was just hot fun to drive Every one in the car could hear the charger when you put the foot down on the highway. It was a sad day when it had to be sold. Very sad.

Would I buy a S/C car again YEP no probs. So all you s/c car drivers out there - Half ya luck. (but not in a Monaro - that would have to be an 8)

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
its always gonna be said "does it have an 8?" "why didnt u get an 8?" its been that way for god knows hopw long,the 8 has just been so popular and has paid its dues and deserves respect BUT the v6 is coming a very long way.S/C 6S can beat v8 5.ol or ls1.just depends on how u drive,wat mods u did etc.its human nature to want the best,the fastest,the loudest,its evolution.now with all these s/c and turbos going on 6s is only a good thing,a variety of competition is always a positive.as long as wer all driving holdens,who cares?!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
its always gonna be said "does it have an 8?" "why didnt u get an 8?" its been that way for god knows hopw long,the 8 has just been so popular and has paid its dues and deserves respect BUT the v6 is coming a very long way.S/C 6S can beat v8 5.ol or ls1.just depends on how u drive,wat mods u did etc.its human nature to want the best,the fastest,the loudest,its evolution.now with all these s/c and turbos going on 6s is only a good thing,a variety of competition is always a positive.as long as wer all driving holdens,who cares?!

lol, you mean worked sc6 will beat stock LS1. People are forgetting that now people are turboing ford 8's and LS1/2's with excellent results.

Would anyone be interested in doing a bang for buck comparison? I will put up a stock LS1 and 5g against someones stock sc6 and 5g. be interesting to see the results?

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
lol, you mean worked sc6 will beat stock LS1. People are forgetting that now people are turboing ford 8's and LS1/2's with excellent results.

Would anyone be interested in doing a bang for buck comparison? I will put up a stock LS1 and 5g against someones stock sc6 and 5g. be interesting to see the results?

of coures minux! no way a stock s/c6 will get nears the ls1.thats why i said depending on mods etc.somehow i dont think many ppl will wanna enter ur comparison :) lol!! how close do u think it would be tho minux? would the 8 just lead from start to finish or would the 6 be up ther early on? i hope this sort of test does happen one day.just so we can all compare the results and ppl can judge where and how far along ther own beasts are going.street commos mag should do this on ther next dvd.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
of coures minux! no way a stock s/c6 will get nears the ls1.thats why i said depending on mods etc.somehow i dont think many ppl will wanna enter ur comparison :) lol!! how close do u think it would be tho minux? would the 8 just lead from start to finish or would the 6 be up ther early on? i hope this sort of test does happen one day.just so we can all compare the results and ppl can judge where and how far along ther own beasts are going.street commos mag should do this on ther next dvd.

Im not sure how it would go, but i mean 5g will see you around the 220-240 rwkw depending on the engine of course in an LS1, because i have never owned a super6 i cant really say what 5g of mods would see the s6 pull kw wise. I'd be very interested to hear what people have spent this amount of money are making.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4

interesting idea you've got there... we might try something like that on the JCCCQ drag day.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
its all a matter of personal preference, i was in the market for a super6 a few months back took a few for a spin and ended up buying a 5.0L, i liked the overall feel of it, super6's were nice and i still appreciate others that have it but yeah happy with my choise and so should the guys out there that bought their car because they liked it

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
a 6 will take you far, a s/c 6 will take you further but an 8 will take you all the way:w00t: :p