Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Juzo's MY08.5 VE V8 Calais

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Oh look you have room for a turbo/supercharger now.

Very nice ride mate, really can't wait to get off my P's so I can start driving something with decent power, over the 6 cylinder power.

Nah, mild cam if anything but that's it. After all, it's a daily. ;)

i think theres enough room for 2 turbos. go on do it.. lol

Nooooo thanks..

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
Okaaay, liquid injection gas is looming as the next addition to the calais. I'll follow this up with a cam later on, specs i'm still unsure of so anyone who has done one i'd appreciate a bit of feedback as to what you think of your choice and if you have any regrets ect.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
If you go Liquid injection gas, (good choice) make sure you do a straight gas conversion and tune, rip the petrol system right out.

Otherwise the car is looking good and sounding good!

But give her a bit of a clean inside and under her skirts (undercarriage and engine) she look's like she needs some detailing lovin' :D

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
If you go Liquid injection gas, (good choice) make sure you do a straight gas conversion and tune, rip the petrol system right out.

Otherwise the car is looking good and sounding good!

But give her a bit of a clean inside and under her skirts (undercarriage and engine) she look's like she needs some detailing lovin' :D

Nope, petrol will stay. Most systems still use petrol when starting anyway. Plus i like having petrol still as well.

My tuner has indicated that tuning will not alter between the 2 which is good. It does need a clean all right,i'll give you that one.:)

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
Why buy a V8 and stress over economy?

I'm not as such. Gas has been producing strong results powerwise but i've got to remember it's a daily for my family. So bearing that in mind going gas is good for a couple of reasons. I'll most likely go a bigger cam if i go gas for a start.

mzsammi

Reaction score
Members Ride
E series Clubsport R8
^^ very tru injected gas has been proven to get somewhat better results on the dyno than petrol.
i am always lived by two theorys with v8s " gas is bbq's" and " if you cant afford to run it then dont own it". however once u start modding then there is a grey area for my theorys lol. :p

btw nice car :)