Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

K&N 63-3072 Review

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
here are the pics from my old thread, you can see how much the pipes step down for the maf. thing i also liked about the k&n is the ram type intake where the filter attaches.

IMG_3142.jpg

IMG_3143.jpg

Jonesee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
I guess you need to look at volume vs velocity.. Location and type of filter will allow or restrict air flow into the piping.. Piping to big will hinder velocity, too small and not enough volume, too many bends and the air becomes turbulent especially past joins if they aren't flush. Do they produce OTR CAI for Holden 6's? Maybe look at one of them but it seems like 6 of one, half dozen of the other.. Weigh up price over the occasional wet filter..

Jonesee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
the build quality of those ins't very good. a bloke on here bought one and had to use zip ties to hold it back against the motor to stop it rubbing on the radiator.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
the build quality of those ins't very good. a bloke on here bought one and had to use zip ties to hold it back against the motor to stop it rubbing on the radiator.

I had one of those, it did it for abit on mine until I inserted it and tied it down on abit of an angle and it was fine, but the quality wasn't so good, the clamps fk up pretty easy and the bit where the hose joins had a nasty weld that I had to shave down on the inside, I suspect over time parts of aluminum would have made its way into the engine :/

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
Well I bought one todau from tuffcar so now to play the waiting game

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
Well I just installed the k&n unit and am very pleased with it ill keep you updated on how it goes

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
Been a week or so and its like I'm driving a different car. The quality of the unit is second to none. One noticed much better throttle response and it defiantly changed my exhaust note. The car just seems to drive better. As for fuel econ havnt noticed any changes yet

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Well If you guys are so worried about the filters gettign wet wouldn't it be more logical to get an OTR CIA or is there something I'm missing?