Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

K&N Air Filter. Worth Buying?

Dz811

Just some p-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
Also, under the P plate and high powered vehicles law, will a good air filter be considdered an engine mod?

no it won't, it's perfectly legal to change your panel filter, don't be a douche and get an exposed pod filter tho coz the cops will cane u :(

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
i wouldnt bother with K&N filters the standard filters breath just as good, but id get a lukey filter they seem 2 breath better again and r washable so u dont need 2 buy crappy oil that will go into ur TB n dirty it up. and 4 $50-$60 u get better bang 4 ur buck.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
meh didnt really notice anything from mine even with an otrcai.

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
no it won't, it's perfectly legal to change your panel filter, don't be a douche and get an exposed pod filter tho coz the cops will cane u :(

No way. Never would I make my car look like a rice burner

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN Commodore
I've had one for a couple of months and all i noticed with it was a better throttle response because i paired it with an OTR CAI. Beauty of them is that you can clean and reuse. It will pay for itself over time.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
as above !!!!!!!!!!!!

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
i wouldnt bother with a k&n..i had brought one for my old VR, and it had a CAI, very minimal gains if any.. and a few mechanics have told me that they are rubbish and the standard paper ones are fine...but ive also heard that LUKEY ones are pretty dam good

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
yeh go the lukey hi flow filter, i tried both the k&n and the lukey in the same car and imo the lukey was heaps better plus its a dry filter so you dont get all the oily gunk thru the intake, its also re-usable, and it costs about $30 cheaper than the k&n.

bursons sells them and if they dont have one in your local store then the next one should.

chevy Lumina driver

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Chevy Lumina Sv6
hey i just installed a k and n filter in my vz...it gives better throttle response...and i know if i say this u guys r gnah say tht its pacebo but i really noticed a difference my vz's horsepower.. go for it mate ;) its worth it!