Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

keep the VS Calais or get a munro?

keep the VS Calais or get a munro?

• Keep the VS

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Get the munro

Votes: 28 90.3%

• Total voters

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Thanks fellas for all the comments:thumbsup:
I have thought about keeping the VS and throwing money @ the charger but the vs is starting to look a little tired now and im contemplating whether to spend the money on it to do it up real nice or if its just worth getting the munro and be done with it! The charger is going to be nice when its finished but i am not in a major rush with it as its only going to be a weekend car and most of the work on the charger is done by myself alone ect so im more just focusing on the daily hack side of things @ the moment!

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
a lot better holdens about then a monaro imho..

Id get a clubby or senator before a monaro.

I had thought about getting a VX Clubby but the wife was bent on getting the munro, personally i think the munro is a better pick over the clubby though, but they are still nice cars!

Travy

A bogan with style
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E & FG XR50 Turbo
I had thought about getting a VX Clubby but the wife was bent on getting the munro, personally i think the munro is a better pick over the clubby though, but they are still nice cars!

The vx clubby for $17k in the classifieds here is a good buy!.

Personally a munro is just a 2 door commo to me, i dont see anything special about then, the HSV munros is the only munros they should have released to keep some sort of specialness (so not a word) to them.

But hey you always got to keep the wife happy ;)

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
The vx clubby for $17k in the classifieds here is a good buy!.

Personally a munro is just a 2 door commo to me, i dont see anything special about then, the HSV munros is the only munros they should have released to keep some sort of specialness (so not a word) to them.

But hey you always got to keep the wife happy ;)

2 be honest i had considered getting the munro and turning it into a GTO or GTS replica but either way as long as the missus is happy i wont complain;)

Joey_21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 HBD---mmmm LS1
Been in a bit of a dilemma, I like the VZ munro and they have come down in price a fair bit now ect, I have been thinking of getting one and slowly modding it and the missus seems to like them a fair bit lol, however i also love my VS Calais and would love to make it a custom car ect so i spose i was just after some advice/opinions as to what others think ect, cheers:thumbsup:

LOL sorry to say this mate. i dont know about everyone else but y do you keep calling it "munro" i dont know if thats how u say it for short but gets annoying after a while as for the car vz MONARO ftw

Last edited:

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
get the VZ monaro newer car nicer car should have less problems lol

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
LOL sorry to say this mate. i dont know about everyone else but y do you keep calling it "munro" i dont know if thats how u say it for short but gets annoying after a while as for the car vz MONARO ftw

fixed :thumbsup:

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
haha lol ok monaro! Just heard the term munro used for short in some of my street commodores/machine mags! I will most probably get a monaro i just have a soft spot for my vs it has been a great car!

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
haha lol ok monaro! Just heard the term munro used for short in some of my street commodores/machine mags!

That's because the people that write for those magazines failed english at school and never learnt to use a spell checker. Nearly every article in SC has basic spelling mistakes all the way through it.

Is is really worth losing money with the depreciation on the Monaro?

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
mate the minute you get behind the wheel of a monaro you wont look back. i was half tempted to buy something like that myself but i bought the hilux. love my camping and 4x4 driving to much