Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kenan's 05 VZ SS

DSLXIK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7l
Anyone got C.A.P.A cat-back twin 2.5" exhaust on their car?
looking to get a new catback because long story short, mine broke lol
depending on money might go full exhaust

options right now are catback, and diff gears, then save for cam and the rest of the exhaust
or full exhaust now, few months get the diff gears, then start saving from scratch for a cam

way i look at it is, i dont think i'll be feeling much difference with full exhaust, but i will feel a difference with the diff gears, and that way i can be more satisfied with the car while saving for the cam
or am i wrong? would the full exhaust be a noticable difference in how the car feels to drive?

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Car looks heaps good mate :)

Love white VY/VZ's even though i have a biased opinion lol

You car next to dijm8's in a full blown pic would be all kinds of awesome

DSLXIK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7l
thanks man, was looking specifically for a black or white one, but wanted white because scratched and dents dont show as easy

haha yeah, but i wouldnt want my car anywhere near his in a picture till it's got some even half respectable motor work done :p

DSLXIK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7l
Just a few new pics, not much has changed, just been saving

14bkz1z.jpg

pwzyd.jpg

2dr74ty.jpg

my mate with the black euro took the pics

interested in some advice or experiences from people
need to get a few new bushes up front, is it worth doing the nolothane ones? do they last longer than the normal rubber ones?

also, looking to do a few things performance wise, going to do all new exhaust (suggestions?) i know i'll probably be doing twin 2.5" just wondering what brands? and any recommended places in Sydney?
want to get 3.7 diff gears, but wouldn't even know where to start looking?
and the big one, suggestions and experiences on places to get a Cam and what sort of cam. The car is daily driven and is the 4speed auto, don't want a massive cam, not chasing huge numbers, but don't want one so small that you can't even heard its got a cam, definantly want a slightly lumpy idle

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
You're right, for $13,500 - 90,000 Ks I would have got it too! nice work man you got a ripper deal. As for your diff, Ring a few diff shops. 3.7's are a little harder to find than say 3.9s or 3.5s, I managed to get a reco tightened 3.7 LSD for my VP for $900. Deffinitely go for the 3.7s though. It's the perfect balance between practicality and acceleration In my opinnion. Im usually a big fan of pacemaker when it comes to exhaust. They're not too expensive and decent quality. Exhaust brands have allot to to with personal preferance though, you're best off speaking to your exhaust shop about what kind of note you are looking for.

DSLXIK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7l
haven't been on here in a LONG time
early october i got my extractors and full exhaust done at castle hill exhaust...

and then on the 12th october, my dad was driving the car
we came to a two lane round about... and then

was in the round about, 4wd going too fast did this
imag0298gg.jpg

then we lost control...
imag0300r.jpg

imag0299xf.jpg

imag0297z.jpg

and after a bit of a stuff around from the smash repairer and insurance, 2 weeks later, they decided that was a write off =(
didn't get much for the car, had no idea what car i wanted to buy next
and then 2 weeks ago another vz ss 5.7l auto came up, the guy was asking about 15,500
got the car for 13,000 LOL
2 months without a car helped me save up, and now have some money to play around with

no pics yet of the new car because after being used to my old car, don't like how this one looks lol, same 18s as on page one (owner had some wheels i didnt want with no tread so put the 18s on)
but its basically EXACTLY the same, just some stone chips and 2 little dents
overall, bad experience but still happy in the end, early next year will be getting a cam and hopefully have enough for diff gears too

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
Hey man you kept it together and got another car - so good on ya! I would have been really upset if it was my car. So does the new SS have less kays? Got a leather interior? New car = lots of fun getting it right :) At least you have learnt heaps from the other car and can also say you have had 2 SSs!!!

DSLXIK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7l
sadly i wouldn't really look at the new car as an upgrade, though it is better in quiet a few ways

engine feels much stronger than the last one, gearbox is WAY better in this one (last one wasn't shifting smooth at all, making a thud sound when automatically dropping to 1st when stopping at a light)
this one doesnt have a mafless tune, but feels like it pulls much more
it has a bit less kms than the old car did when it was written off, but not less than when i bought it

couldn't really find any huge upgrade because insurance didn't pay out much at all, and when i was looking, any vz that would have been an upgrade from my last one, was at least 19g and i didn't have that much

DSLXIK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7l
been ages since i posted

the 18s from page one are now for sale, and for now i have silver chasers all around

earlier in the year took the car to Russo and got cam, springs, otr, 3.9 diff gears and of course mafless tune
car has a stock stall so couldn't go too big with the cam, but months later im still in love with how it sounds/drives, got 273kw on the dyno which im also happy with
and as soon as i get a few small things sorted, and some better tyres, i'll be taking it to WSID for a couple runs
I thought i'd be done with chasing power, but i have a feeling it's not over just yet LOL

ill try post some pics up in a couple days, and hopefully a bit of a vid of the idle
gotta love driving this thing daily lol