Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kenwood vs JVC

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Hey guys..

It's been a little while since I was 'in the loop' with car audio brands etc. I went for a quick browse in JB-HiFi today and spotted a JVC DVD unit and Kenwood DVD unit. The JVC unit was about $900 or so, where the Kenwood was about $1,200 I believe. Now im a big believer in you get what you pay for, but I want YOUR opinions here as to quality etc. What would be best these days. I remember JVC used to be fairly decent in the build of thier producs, then again, I've heard they're only good for Home Entertainment..

Please, discuss.

FYI:
http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/car-...4dvd-7-inch-motorized-indash-dvd-tuner/436173 - Kenwood
http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/car-sound/car-dvd/jvc-kdav7100-in-dash-dvd-and-road-theatre/435839 - JVC

calais_SC6

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 VS Calais

Last edited:

binney

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs2 Senator
I'd go the Kenwood, worth the extra $$ in my opinion.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Theres not much in between them, i suggest having a play with each unit (if the salesman lets you, he should) and one should stick out as far as being easier to use etc.

In saying that my opinion out of those two is the Kenwood :D

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
neiter, I'd spend the few extra bills and get a Clarion and have built in bluetooth. if I had to choose one of those two then Kenwood.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Bluetooth won't be too much of a big fuss for me, as I won't need it so much I guess. I use an Iphone so even if I wanted 'portable' music, I can use the ipod adapter for that, but having said that I do rely a lot on oldschool mp3 cd/dvd.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
have your priced the iPod adaptor for it? It's built in on the Clarions. I'm not talking regarding bluetooth audio, I mean a Bluetooth handsfree set-up. With the clarion it's built in, straight out ofd the box you can make and recieve calls via the headunit. Persons voice through the drivers door speaker and either an internal mic or external.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Bluetooth won't be too much of a big fuss for me, as I won't need it so much I guess. I use an Iphone so even if I wanted 'portable' music, I can use the ipod adapter for that, but having said that I do rely a lot on oldschool mp3 cd/dvd.

Relying on mp3 as your main means of music, You might aswell go buy a $50 headunit...

I'm still a firm beleiver of .flac/.ogg & true CD's.

Cheers
MaT

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
have your priced the iPod adaptor for it? It's built in on the Clarions. I'm not talking regarding bluetooth audio, I mean a Bluetooth handsfree set-up. With the clarion it's built in, straight out ofd the box you can make and recieve calls via the headunit. Persons voice through the drivers door speaker and either an internal mic or external.

Ahh cheers, sorry mate, I got mixed up. I'll have to research that I think!

Relying on mp3 as your main means of music, You might aswell go buy a $50 headunit...

Cheers
MaT

Standard CD's are good, don't get me wrong.. I still use them, but being able to have 4.7Gb of music, as opposed to average of 15-20 tracks wins IMO.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride

Cheers
MaT

You obviously have not researched sound reproduction with new head units.