Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Key Fob/Dashcam

Shannon955i

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 HOLDEN COMMODORE SV6 BLACK PACK VFII MY16
Well to be honest , i dont think it would matter, if its not connected to the camera then its not creating a signal either way
EDIT: I don't like to go against anything Stooge say cos he knows his sh1t
Was going to ask if there would be power/signal/current still going through the cable when not connected. A few people with the cable problem on other forums. So good chance still the cable then?

Shannon955i

Reaction score
Members Ride
Seen the ferrite things myself and also wondered what they were.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Was going to ask if there would be power/signal/current still going through the cable when not connected. A few people with the cable problem on other forums. So good chance still the cable then?
Could be, like i said , just to try and eliminate things, take the cable out the door of the car and uncoil it, then use the fob from the opposite side of the car

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Haven't tackled it yet. Probably Wednesday should only take half an hour to pull the loop from from the back. The hardest part was getting it through the tailgate when I first installed it the rest was quite easy
Yes,
I found that getting it through the cable transfer boot be was a challenge I installed a BlackVue, and the plug is small enough to get it through it.
But the rest of the original tailgate cable are a bit short.

Shannon955i

Reaction score
Members Ride
When I first installed it the two side plastic trims that run down the tailgate a clip broke on each one. They went back in ok and are sitting in there fine. So I don't really want to be messing with them to much. Will wait for these magnetic rings from Viofo and if that doesn't fix it I will pull it apart again and maybe see how the camera will go at the bottom of the window and try stretching the cable at the same time.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
When I first installed it the two side plastic trims that run down the tailgate a clip broke on each one. They went back in ok and are sitting in there fine. So I don't really want to be messing with them to much. Will wait for these magnetic rings from Viofo and if that doesn't fix it I will pull it apart again and maybe see how the camera will go at the bottom of the window and try stretching the cable at the same time.
If your in a rush you could go to Jaycar and grab a couple of ferrite beads and try them out, if they don't work return them and say they were wrong or something. They are about $15

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
You would probably only need one at the camera end and they have some slip on ones for about $5 ,

Shannon955i

Reaction score
Members Ride
You would probably only need one at the camera end and they have some slip on ones for about $5 ,
Viofo have already shipped the magnetic rings which are probably just ferrite beads. They will be here by Monday or Tuesday

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Viofo have already shipped the magnetic rings which are probably just ferrite beads. They will be here by Monday or Tuesday
No worries, i'm just an impatient bugger, i couldn't of waited if it were me

Reactions: Lex

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I'm currently waiting for a rear cam for a Thinkware U1000 . I bought the front and rear Cam off a fella on Gummie, his car stuffed up so he needed the money, he had bought them separately and both were brand new but when i tried to connect them up the rear cam wouldn't work, any way long story short, he had bought the wrong rear cam, he refunded me the cost off the rear cam and i posted it back to Amazon for him so he could get a refund , I managed to find the correct rear cam on Automotive Superstore for less than the guy refunded me which i paid for last Wednesday and I'M STILL WAITING FFS !!!!! :mad: I hate waiting for stuff

Last edited: