Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Key Fob/Dashcam

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I hate waiting for stuff

Lol i am the same even if it is a few days like the other day i wanted to buy 3x 3d printers and my local store said they could get them in 2 days no shipping costs involved i said stuff that and drove 450km to a store in perth that had stock.

Shannon955i

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 HOLDEN COMMODORE SV6 BLACK PACK VFII MY16
I'm currently waiting for a rear cam for a Thinkware U1000 . I bought the front and rear Cam off a fella on Gummie, his car stuffed up so he needed the money, he had bought them separately and both were brand new but when i tried to connect them up the rear cam wouldn't work, any way long story short, he had bought the wrong rear cam, he refunded me the cost off the rear cam and i posted it back to Amazon for him so he could get a refund , I managed to find the correct rear cam on Automotive Superstore for less than the guy refunded me which i paid for last Wednesday and I'M STILL WAITING FFS !!!!! :mad: I hate waiting for stuff
I'm normally the same. But it's still working, so a bit patient with this one. Plus, it's free.

Shannon955i

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lol i am the same even if it is a few days like the other day i wanted to buy 3x 3d printers and my local store said they could get them in 2 days no shipping costs involved i said stuff that and drove 450km to a store in perth that had stock.
Probably would of done the same.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
The Blackvue rear camera cable is a Power supply and image transmission cable,
I have 2 x Blackvue 750S-2ch DC’s and I had no issues with loss of key fob loss of transmission,
I’m surprised it has effected it,
Not sure the ferrite insulators will rectify the issue,
However, I stand correct if I’m wrong,
But if it does correct the fault, that is good thing.

Shannon955i

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't even know what they are sending. The email said "we have some magnetic rings that may help to solve the problem" I probably wouldn't mind that much if the car never had remote start but I still like freaking people out when it starts with no one it. Plus remote start is good for winter as long as I remember to set the heater on the night before so it's nice and toasty when I get in.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I don't even know what they are sending. The email said "we have some magnetic rings that may help to solve the problem" I probably wouldn't mind that much if the car never had remote start but I still like freaking people out when it starts with no one it. Plus remote start is good for winter as long as I remember to set the heater on the night before so it's nice and toasty when I get in.

kleanphil is on the money with ferrite beads etc, they will be sending you some ferrite rings which you will loop the cable through just after the connectors a bit like the picture here.
ring.png

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
kleanphil is on the money with ferrite beads etc, they will be sending you some ferrite rings which you will loop the cable through just after the connectors a bit like the picture here.
View attachment 263312
Yes they are the one i looked at Jaycar Ferrite Beads . On a side note , Automotive Superstore finally dispatched my rear cam today GRRRR!!!

Shannon955i

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got them. It seems to be back to normal. Just looped the wire through them and all good. I just have them hanging outside at the moment. Will tuck them behind the headlining tomorrow when I have time and test again.

Great to hear kleanphil. You must have it by now?

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Got them. It seems to be back to normal. Just looped the wire through them and all good. I just have them hanging outside at the moment. Will tuck them behind the headlining tomorrow when I have time and test again.

Great to hear kleanphil. You must have it by now?
I finally got the rear cam yesterday , it's all fitted and working . I bought the new cam because the dashcam in the other car stopped working , so i thought i'd update the cam in my car and put the replaced cam in the other car , turns out the cam was fine and it was the battery pack that was stuffed, so i now have a Thinkware 700 for sale :rolleyes: and a Cellink Neo i'm contemplating repairing instead of replacing. I have put a request in for a new sub forum New Dashcam Forum specifically for dashcams , if successfull i'll be posting in there shortly . Good to hear you got yours sorted :D

Last edited: