Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

kilkenny rocker covers

blake0182

Blake
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive
i have the kilkenny rocker covers on my vt v6 ecotec they are the black/polished v6 ones u get from supercheap etc and use cork gaskets , they have been on for a year now and are already leaking when i fitted them they wernt realy the best fir and the gaskets were realy out of shape , i need new gaskets for them what is the best thing to do , go buy some cork sheets from supercheap and some gasket glue and give that a shot or is there a better material out there also what thickness is ideal and has anyone else using these rocker covers on a ecotec

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
im using these rocker covers on my vs and one side is leaking a bit where the bolts are, i plan on taking it off one weekend and put on a spare gasket i have for it, hope that fixes it.
its a shame alot of people have problems with them leaking cause they look so much better than stock ones

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Cork gaskets are for steam engines.

See if you gan get some synthetic ones or at worst, rubberised cork.

a LIGHT smear of sealant will help your cause too, just make sure all surfaces are clean and free of oil.

blake0182

Blake
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive
yeah mine are mainly leaking from the bolts , can you make up synthetic ones ?

gogoboygareth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Commodore Exec
Guys, sorry for hijacking an old thread..... but when you change the gasket (I'm going to buy the genuine holden rubber ones), do you also need to change all the bolt seals as well? Holden are changing around $5 each for the seals, which quickly adds up for a whole set!

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
$5, cruel bastards Holden can be, seriously, with 6 bolts each cover, $30 a side thats more that the darn gaskets..

p.s no you dont need to change them. If they are leaking from there use some sealant in there as well.

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
Guys, sorry for hijacking an old thread..... but when you change the gasket (I'm going to buy the genuine holden rubber ones), do you also need to change all the bolt seals as well? Holden are changing around $5 each for the seals, which quickly adds up for a whole set!

Repco sell aftermarket bolt seals - like $15 for both sides (complete)