Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Killswitch/Fuel shutoff ideas

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
With all the little punks joyriding I'm looking for clever ways in which people have incorperated killswitches

Wanting to install something similar to a battery isolator switch possibly mounted in the drivers rear quarter to shut off fuel fuel pump (or any other suggestions)

People are good at bridging relays and using jumper packs on starter motors these days so ignition cutoff doesn't do much

Not looking for any pox missile switch setups

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I've got a fuel pump kill switch hidden in my car.

It's wired inline to the fuel pump relay meaning the pump won't even prime until the switch is flipped. Basically it's just inline with the power wire to the relay so it cuts 12v to the relay until the switch is activated.

It works so well I regularly forget it when trying to start the car :p

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I’d wire a switch cross the the fuel pump - i.e. short it out. Then, if someone attempts to start it, it doesn’t start and blows the fuse. The would be thief would then go searching for the kill switch and will probably find it. At this stage it won’t matter as switching the switch won’t make any difference.

Just have some spare fuel pump fuses well hidden in the car somewhere for the accidental ‘I forgot’ moments..

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I personally have 2 fuel pump kill switches hidden in my VC...One has a fuseable link, so I can remove the fuse as well.....

I have it wired in line to the power to the pump, which happens only to be when the car has power to start the car up...Not permament power to it

Yes they are poxy metal toggle switches, but at the end of the day, they are hidden and anyone wanting to borrow the car they will need a tow truck after a few hundred metres after it runs out of fuel.....

Oh and I do have a good habit of turning one off nearing home, just so there is less fuel in the line just in case someone wishes to borrow the car...

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
I’d wire a switch cross the the fuel pump - i.e. short it out. Then, if someone attempts to start it, it doesn’t start and blows the fuse. The would be thief would then go searching for the kill switch and will probably find it. At this stage it won’t matter as switching the switch won’t make any difference.

Just have some spare fuel pump fuses well hidden in the car somewhere for the accidental ‘I forgot’ moments..
Hahaha. See I'd end up keeping the box of fuses in the glove box which would be a dead giveaway.

At the moment I just keep the steering wheel off, so unless they have a 30mm spanner..

Should just leave a note on the dash, If you take it, do me a favour and torch it when you're done

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Also keep a dummy key and a couple of random old house keys on it. Keep it in the house where it’s easily found.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I've got a kill switch on my VH. It's that well concealed i have trouble finding it myself. I don't understand why people don't put an immobiliser on their cars. It's cheap and effective.

On Channel nine news tonight they said that over 1500 cars have been stolen in South East Queensland so far this year.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
And a junk wallet with some crap cards in it and some notes in there. A couple of real $5’s, a $10 and some fake copied $50’s. Marked in uv pen. Dick and balls my preferred choice.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
Well the final straw for me was a group of 7 colourful young chaps parked next to my HSV in an empty Kmart parking lot.

"Nice car bro"
My response- "This car is a bag of **** with a bodykit mate, never buy one" and I proceeded to kick the tyre.

I was with my mrs and had my arms full of **** from Kmart which would have made it harder if things got ugly. but I truly believe playing it cool got out of a carjacking that night..

Decided being the envy of 17 year old kids and a target for VICPOL isn't worth the trouble anymore and bought a daily driver the following week.

Now I drive it to work on a Friday or a long Sunday cruise counting down the years till I can club reg it