Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Killswitch/Fuel shutoff ideas

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
on a mates VL ive wired in a little micro switch and hidden it under the dash, holding it in then allows the starter to be used but if not no power to it, its just simple but works just another level of possible annoyance for anyone trying to take the vehicle so they may just give up

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I remember years ago a mate of mine had a HD panel van and he had 5 toggle switches on the dash connected to the ignition switch, and told me that they were all wired together and had to be in a certain sequence before the car would start. He was so proud of his work and bet me 10 bucks i couldn't work out the sequence. Should have seen the look on his face when i connected a length of wire from the first switch directly to the last switch and fired it up .

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Well the final straw for me was a group of 7 colourful young chaps parked next to my HSV in an empty Kmart parking lot.

"Nice car bro"
My response- "This car is a bag of **** with a bodykit mate, never buy one" and I proceeded to kick the tyre.

I was with my mrs and had my arms full of **** from Kmart which would have made it harder if things got ugly. but I truly believe playing it cool got out of a carjacking that night..

Decided being the envy of 17 year old kids and a target for VICPOL isn't worth the trouble anymore and bought a daily driver the following week.

Now I drive it to work on a Friday or a long Sunday cruise counting down the years till I can club reg it
I would have stopped around the corner and checked under the car for trackers. I’ve done that a few times when a situation just doesn’t seem right. Luckily it’s always been ok. I think being like that with our increasingly collectible or desirable cars is a wise move.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I had one on my old Suburu. There was a small panel on the sill next to the seat that was easy to lift, yet very discrete. I had a rocker switch from the ignition to that. That was back in the early 90’s.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Well the final straw for me was a group of 7 colourful young chaps parked next to my HSV in an empty Kmart parking lot.

"Nice car bro"
My response- "This car is a bag of **** with a bodykit mate, never buy one" and I proceeded to kick the tyre.

I was with my mrs and had my arms full of **** from Kmart which would have made it harder if things got ugly. but I truly believe playing it cool got out of a carjacking that night..

Decided being the envy of 17 year old kids and a target for VICPOL isn't worth the trouble anymore and bought a daily driver the following week.

Now I drive it to work on a Friday or a long Sunday cruise counting down the years till I can club reg it

Do you go to the Holden Museum in Trafalgar?

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
Excuse my ignorance,
But how do these little shites start the cars, with a steering lock active ?,
And the cars should be immobilised.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Excuse my ignorance,
they brake into the house and take the keys or even just the fob then go next to the car and u can open and start it without key insertion and off they go with a 100k M/B

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
I am aware of the house break-ins to steal high end cars,

I thought we were talking about kill switchs on (VZ) Commodores ?

For Auto’s, I recon to splice a kill switch into the inhibitor switch circuit.

For Manuals, I recon the starter circuit
(This could be used on Auto’s, also)

But everyone to their own.

You have to make a choice,
do you cut the red wire,
or the blue wire, :oops:
Hmmm !

Last edited:

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
Excuse my ignorance,
Well dont want to give too much away here but It's not as hard as you think, easily done with the right obd device.
I had one on my old Suburu. There was a small panel on the sill next to the seat that was easy to lift, yet very discrete. I had a rocker switch from the ignition to that. That was back in the early 90’s.

My concern is that with 12v available under the bonnet a basic ignition cut will just slow someone with the key down, I've heard through some shoptalk of people bringing these nice little lithium jumper packs out with them, what they connect them to I have no idea..

I'm thinking I'll really **** with them by cutting power to the throttle body or something. Just concerned about switch malfunction while crossing the train tracks :D