Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

King springs for the ve's

silverssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SSv SportsWagon
Voo Do You say ride quality , very Nice? I have mine fitted with same possibly different rear springs, Rear is 335mm Front 370mm. Rough as **** on 20in Rims? Even the front hits pretty hard.
I cringe every time I go over a bump in the road its that bad.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Fitted SSL all round today. I did this rather than SSSL in the rear as the gas tank already makes it lower than standard so was trying to achieve the level look, which I did.

I was quite suprised at how much lighter the King Springs were to the stock FE3, I thought they were supposed to be heavier duty, ie heavier in weight and construction, not the case.

I did the job on a mates hoist with his help (read: I ate KFC and watched), glad I didn't attempt that on the garage floor I must say.

The result, not as low as I expected in the front, numb nuts me didn't think to take actual measurements before the job even though I have been planning to do so all week, so its observation only. I will wait till it all settles and see where to go from there, I may do the opposite of everyone else and end up with SSSL in the front and SSL rear, see how it goes.

Obviously the rims are stock 19's and so far the ride feels much the same, with the exception of one section of road where it just drops out from under you which the standard lowered feel of flat free falling with a firm landing was felt. Will report back after a week or so once I've clocked up a few Kms and its all bedded in.

low3.jpg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
can i have your wheels please?
Thought ill ask here instead of making a new thread so could anyone recommend me which lowered springs and shocks i should get for my ve omega please ?

I want to the car to be level and for the gaurds just to sit on top of the tyres as currently im running 20" wheels.

I was thinking either SSL all round with KYB shockers or Pedders sport ryder springs and shocks.
Also i tend to two a trailer here and there and take a full car load of people every week so i dont want the car to scrub on the gaurds aswell ?

Below is a picture of my ve

296epdt.jpg

1fz7f9.jpg

Any help ?

Chris_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
What springs: kings ssl all round
What shocks:#monroe gt gas
Ride height after: dropped 40mm front and 55 rear
Ride quality: a lot stiffer but nice
Were from: archm industries bayswater/ebay
How much: springs 230, shocks 400
And model: ss sedan

Felix_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais 08
he, im looking for some advice to lower my VE Calais V8 series one. i dont want it to. low but i think ssl all around mioght the way to go, but can i keep the standard shocks in it ? im running 18 inch wheels on it :) still want it driveable and not scrapping on speedbumps and so ,,, Thanks :) need the advice cant find anything, and im confused with the ssl and sssl and sl or so , dont know how much they lower the car ...

thanks

J

Joeyz

What springs: Walkinshaw Performance springs

What shocks: Stock

Lowered: 25mm front/rear

Ride quality: Fantastic. Still very smooth.
mycarvvp.jpg

Were from: Walkinshaw Performance

How much: $725

And model: SV6 Ute

which suburb is the Walkinshaw Performance shop in ?

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
he, im looking for some advice to lower my VE Calais V8 series one. i dont want it to. low but i think ssl all around mioght the way to go, but can i keep the standard shocks in it ? im running 18 inch wheels on it :) still want it driveable and not scrapping on speedbumps and so ,,, Thanks :) need the advice cant find anything, and im confused with the ssl and sssl and sl or so , dont know how much they lower the car ...

thanks

Yeah mate SSL with stock shocks give a good height and ride, no worries with 99% of driveways etc, only ever scraped once over a speed bump. Drops it by 4 or 5cm

DOOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais 5.0L
Yeah mate SSL with stock shocks give a good height and ride, no worries with 99% of driveways etc, only ever scraped once over a speed bump. Drops it by 4 or 5cm

I am looking at doing the same. I have a VE Calais V with FE2 factory upgrade.

I have measured the distance from the centre of the wheel to the guard and it's about 400mm all round. i am unsure if this is standards height (did someone raise the car) or FE2 height.
My problem is I want to lower it to about 350mm but unsure which king springs to order as it's from "standard height" they measure.
Help!

(does anyone have a list of standard height, FE2, SL, SSL, SSSL in the one chart etc?)

jeep pit

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss ute my10.5
king springs sssl front and rear ( ute )
super pro strut tops
guard sits 11.5 cm above tyre front and rear
ride is perfect havent scraped on anything yet but am scared to go over any speed bumps or park too close to the gutter
slingshots like a demon on heat when doing a burnout
visibility has improved out rear window added bouns