Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

King springs for the ve's

jono1492

DTD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega
hey mate, where about's in WA? and did the $600 include installation? and is this the lowest you could get?

sorry for all the q's :p cheers

Craig93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SEDAN
just put superlow king springs in on friday .still got standard shocks and sits just above the tyres back and front,didnt want to go to low but looks and drives great,very happy. $625 with front and rear alignment.ttf.

got a pic mate?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Gday mate, Yeh that what I meant camber. I was trying to remember the damn word lol, Im just wondering if i put SL front , SSL rear. will it need the camber kit fitted?? or only just get wheel alignment to correct it? Thanks buddy

I don't think it's essential. SSL isn't heaps lower than standard FE2 so a wheel alignment should be ok - ultras may tip the wheels in too far though to be corrected without a kit. I know you can get a fair amount of camber dialed in, but what you'd experience with the rear with ultra lows would be too much neg camber. Fronts would be fine as you want some neg camber in the front but you might chew out the inside of your rear tyres too quickly and lose a bit of traction off the line. I don't know what the stock set up allows for with positive correction but I'm sure you'd be fine with SSLs

Also, a lot of guys seem to leave a fair amount of neg camber in the rear when they get their wheels tucked up under the guards to help eliminate scrubbing. Wouldn't be my choice of options though.

Hektic

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV Ignition Orange
Model Omega

Springs: Kings SSL all round

Shocks: standard

Ride height after: no gap between tyre and guard

Ride quality: Very Nice.

Were from: The Tyre Factory

How much: $500 Fitted with wheel alignment

jono1492

DTD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega
Just thought id show mine off

What springs: King Springs Ultra Lows on rear and Super lows on front.

What shocks: Monroe GT short shocks/bump stops

Ride height after: Not sure but it is level.

Ride quality: After Having the Shocks replaced with the Monroes after the stock ride feels nice and tight
Where from: Bought it Lowered but Protek Tyres did the Shocks, great job too..

How much: $650 incl wheel alignment

And model: Omega sedan

DSC00540.jpg

DSC00541.jpg

DSC00537.jpg

hey mate, did you have to worry about camber when you lowered it?

Damo83

VE MY09 SV6
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
Members Ride
VF SV6 Black Edition Sportswagon My17
I don't think it's essential. SSL isn't heaps lower than standard FE2 so a wheel alignment should be ok - ultras may tip the wheels in too far though to be corrected without a kit. I know you can get a fair amount of camber dialed in, but what you'd experience with the rear with ultra lows would be too much neg camber. Fronts would be fine as you want some neg camber in the front but you might chew out the inside of your rear tyres too quickly and lose a bit of traction off the line. I don't know what the stock set up allows for with positive correction but I'm sure you'd be fine with SSLs

Also, a lot of guys seem to leave a fair amount of neg camber in the rear when they get their wheels tucked up under the guards to help eliminate scrubbing. Wouldn't be my choice of options though.

thanks man for that. Will get it fitted soon and let u guys know

cheers

wake jake

Reaction score
Members Ride
SIDI SV6 Ute
:boxing:
any one got pics of ultra lows (sssl) all round??

ultras(SSSL) all round. just sits above tyre on rear fronts heaps of clearance SSSL in a 6 drops it nothing. no scrubbing on rear with 9.5 genuine GTS' wheels. SSSL all round really isn't that low with 20s on 18s it's too low. if had an 8 id have SSL front SSSL rear cause SSL will be same as SSSL in 6.
81f85ccf.jpg

f27a7b9a.jpg

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
most of the ve ive done with sssl's have a rear camber between -1.30 to -.45 degress, on full adjustment.