Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

King springs for the ve's

SteveHatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
haha, kuz, you need to lower your girl :)

and mine looks alot better now with an ssv/ss/sv6 rear bar....

Last edited:

SUS.SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SERIES II WAGON
so steve, u gonna sell her up for a ssv? or wat? :D

SteveHatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
ordered my springs and shocks from Greg at GSL Rallysport who are sponsors on the site, and then got them fitted by a mates dad for next to nothing :)

speak to greg if you are after a suspension set up Adam, he will tell you what's best for what you want and how much you want to spend, top bloke as well :)

SUS.....im serously contemplating it.......i should be able to manage it :)......might wait till towards the end of this month fr end of fincancial year sales....

selling my car may prove to be troublesome though??

Mitch089

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
hey guys ive got SSSL in the front and SSL in the rear on my SV6 on stock shocks and have been thinking about replacing the shocks sometime soon. ive got a couple of questions about it... would changing shocks change the height of the car at all? and with king springs, what would be the best shock to use out of monroe or pedders? or would it be better to switch to pedders springs and shocks if i can achieve pretty much the same height?

SteveHatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
shocks wont change the height of the car, they will accommodate the lowered springs much better though

i cant comment on which shocks are best out of monroe or pedders but the boge shocks i have i would highly recommend and you will probs pick em up for cheaper from GSL Rallysport who are site sponsors....

changing your springs to pedders if you opt for pedders shocks would be a complete waste of money in my opinion, wont make any difference really

Mitch089

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
The only reason I'm contemplating pedders is because I took my car there a couple of weeks ago and they seemed like the only people who had a clue what they were doing and they did a really good job, so I'd like to go back there again. But from memory the bloke said about $800 fitted to put in the pedders shocks which turned me off a bit. I don't think they'd want much to do with me if i went back there and asked them to put monroe or boge shocks in that I'd supply lol

456adam

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman
Thanks for that Steve, Greg seems to be the man to go to around here. Now I just need to find someone to fit them without charging half their weight in gold in labor.

SteveHatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
yeh thats the main problem.....good luck with it dude, maybe try some smaller shops instead of the big chain automotive repair centers