Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kings springs, are the cheap for a reason?

Joey24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Does anybody know if King Springs come in blue?

The only reason I am asking is because I asked to have King Springs fitted at Jax Quick Fit and they are blue. I thought King Springs for a sedan commodore only come in yellow. I just want to be sure I got Kings?

Does anybody know any manufacturers that make blue springs, just in case if there not Kings?

Mitch089

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I'm pretty sure all Lovells springs are blue. And yeah, Kings are yellow.

There should also be a part number on the spring itself, but you probably can't read that now.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Lovells are blue. Kings are yellow.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
I fit a set of Kings (SSSL's), to a VE about two months ago. They offered a good feel when driving and they haven't sagged much (maybe 10mm) over 3000km. I use kings in my VZ ute also and they work well too (lows), but they did settle about 20mm lower after a month.
In my old ute I had pedders sports ryder springs - they were a very harsh ride but didn't sag at all over the 2 years I had them, but they were close to 1.5 times the price of kings.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Does anybody know if King Springs come in blue?

The only reason I am asking is because I asked to have King Springs fitted at Jax Quick Fit and they are blue. I thought King Springs for a sedan commodore only come in yellow. I just want to be sure I got Kings?

Does anybody know any manufacturers that make blue springs, just in case if there not Kings?

kings do a select range of springs in blue, with a different name, for bursons from memory.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
I have king springs in both my cars an i will highly recommend em, in saying that tho, make ensure you get some good quality shocks.
I have excel's in the vn an they are a little rough,, in the vt i have boge shocks an its lower then the vn but it rides 100 times better.

edit: This is just from my personal experience

Hahah couldn't go past this, a VT rides 100x better than a VN full stop. Lowered or not.

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
Does that mean to get the Bilstein B8's alone will be $1318? Maths genius I know :boxing:
Yep, $350 each for the front, and $309 each for the rear to suit VE. VZ and earlier are a bit cheaper though...

Joey24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Okay thanks. Are the Lovells a good quality spring? or comparable to the Kings?