Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kmac strut mounts

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
im preety sure u can but u need to put the brace under the plate n get longer bolts for it, on me VN i only had about 3mm of thread stickin out the top so u would need longer bolts to fit the brace in there, but it would be do able

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Im not sure if they will work on the univerals but if u go get the complete strut plate off them it will definatly fit as the adjustments are totally different to the universals...
U may not be able to fit them under the plate but there still is a bit of room there...
Go to k-mac and have a look at all the different types they got...

Calais3800

KALAIS_KRAZY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais v6
well today i started putting in the lowered king springs and eveything went in well. Except the tie rod end ball joint!!!! i had to belt the bolt down throught the strut for a 30 mins before it finally poped out/down. Who waz the dumbass retard at holden that desinged a suspension setup where u cant replace a simple F**king spring or shocker with out having to dismatle the entier strut and remove it from the car!? :bang: ANd dont start me on that dammed tie rod link!:bang: Wat a pathetic desin! u cant fit a racthet in there so i had to do em wiff a 14mm ring spaner going 1/4" turns at a time, takes F**king forver!!!

now that i got that out. When i lowered the car back down after completing the front left side. i stood back to enjony wat it would look like lowered. Something waz wrong! the gap in the gaurd looked the same! not lower at all?
i measrued the right side that waz still stock, then went to the side i just finished intsalling and it waz higher? How can a lowered spring raise the car higher than when it waz stock?? i put a lentgh of timber across the struts then a float gauge on top of that. front waz tilted towards the stock spring meaning that the (lowerd) new spring waz in fact sitting 2cm higher? wat the? there spose to be 30mm lower than stock!!

WTF iz going on here? i chekd the k-mak mounts and there slighly longer than stock mounts. Is this yet another ridiculous design flaw? This time on behalf of k-mac or could it be sometinh else????

I only seem to have 2 options......

1) Cut the springs down to suit
2) intsall them with out the k-mac's

Doz anyone have any other ideas?

King Springs Part code
KHRL-20 (rears)
SPHFS-09 (fronts) King Spring web site does not have this code????

i have cut many springs in the past and found them fine as long as u dont cut more than 1 coil off......

Calais3800

KALAIS_KRAZY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais v6
Can anyone PLZ PLZ tell me how a lowered spring wiff kmac top has lifted my car by 22mm, when kings spring lows are spose to reduce it by 30mm??? Its got me baffeld????

Last edited:

Calais3800

KALAIS_KRAZY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais v6
ok, nobody knows??? looks like im stuck in the "TWILIGHT ZONE" here.

Calais3800

KALAIS_KRAZY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais v6
yeah u might be right coz the front spring labels have worn away. but i sat them next to the stock springs after i took em out and the new ones r 1 inch lower. MY stocks were 360mm (unloaded) and the new ones are 315mm (FE2 height) but after i put im in the car waz 20mm higher? I compared the Kmacs the the stock mounts and there roughly the same. somthing is adding bout 50mm to the ride hight?? the gap under the gaurd waz 60mm before lowering it, shoulda dropped to roughly 30mm but it went up to 80mm, WTF???.

The only other thing is, i used the struts the lowered springs came on.they had gaurds at the botton that seem to enclose the disc rotors (front). My stocks ones dont have this? does anyony know wat model commy these came off coz VN's dont seem to have this. Maybe there VP or VR struts, maybe they r longer? can anyone help?? plz??....