Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Knock sensor fault Ve Commodore Calais V

Man42104

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais v commodore
Anyone had troubles with the knock sensor on a v6 ve commie? Got a fault code for knock sensor circuit, but replaced both sensors and wiring looks good with good connection. The fault code seems to stay away after I clear it but comes back the following drive. The engine itself runs amazing. Cheers

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
This is a “Commie”.
1692322876758.png

Commodores should never be called Commies.
Seems to be a recent thing from those that never grew up with the threat of global annihilation from them.

Anyway, we need more info. What is the exact code generated? Also be aware that when a code is generated, it doesn’t mean it’s finding what’s wrong for you. It means the sensor could also be doing the very job it’s designed to do.

It will be a start point of investigation

Reactions: mtd

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
Agree (on all fronts). I don't like when people call them 'commies' either - makes Commodores sound like little bits of rubbish. It also sounds like 'combies' (entirely different vehicle). But I didn't mind the combies, gr8 with your mates or love of your life at the beach! Ah, the days... :cool:

combi.jpg