Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Knocking the the front end MY10

crackah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
Not sure, Going to wait for the next service.

Probably have, however its only done 70000k

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Not sure, Going to wait for the next service.

Probably have, however its only done 70000k

Could always take the route of replacing the stockies with some urethane jobbies - they'll last longer and are significantly more responsive due to them being harder. They are a little more expensive but worth it in my opinion. You'd only really need to worry about (obviously) whatever's rooted and some of the more critical bushes - would make a significant improvement to the car's responsiveness. Just a thought.

SUSPEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing, at the moment
I was just about to start this thread too!!! I just brought a MY9.5 SV6 and it has a thudd/knock sound coming from the front end too!! Glad im not the only one, car is still under warrenty so ill be seeing holden regarding the matter.

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
G'Day lads.

I too have a knock, however mine is from the steering column - but only when turning right. It occurs in the first 10-35 degrees of right turn. It may have been there for ages, but I only noticed it recently, and now I have, its annoying the crap out of me. It appears to steer and handle as it used to, and only had a service 2 months ago, with nothing abnormal noted.

Has anyone had this issue, or know of a probable cause / corrective action?

Cheers
K-Man

[QW-11-KE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
E CLUBSPORT R8
i just noticed it today as well on the clubbie... especially goin over speedbumps and turning right on an uneven road.....