Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

KPM , Sureflo , Manta Exhaust

hanson1128

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
the whole catback system cost me $1550. 50 bucks extra for 3.5 tips in stainless steel. Blue diamond tips too.... (Y)

Hi buddy, so you running the whole 3" cat back?
I'd like to have look the video and listen it if you don't mind record one. i have checked their video on YouTube, sounds bit tinny... not that clear to heard it.. maybe as you said that his toooo quiet
I have talking to the Sureflo b4, they can't guarantee not drone free after the car has cammed, but it's 100% not to drone in stock engine..

I'd like to go his, but jus because im in Brisbane, not sure how to get there.. if driving.. would be kinda far.. this is the main problem..

hanson1128

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
I would go manta, best systems I have heard for a while. (haven't had enough experience with sureflo to judge)

Stay away from KPM, very overpriced for what it is and personally I think they have a very dull note, yes they don't get much drone but they also sound very flat in my opinion, not how a V8 should sound.

they're the highest price.... but they not gonna drone and yea.. high quality something's like that..

bradizle

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN CALAIS
Hi buddy, so you running the whole 3" cat back?
I'd like to have look the video and listen it if you don't mind record one. i have checked their video on YouTube, sounds bit tinny... not that clear to heard it.. maybe as you said that his toooo quiet
I have talking to the Sureflo b4, they can't guarantee not drone free after the car has cammed, but it's 100% not to drone in stock engine..

I'd like to go his, but jus because im in Brisbane, not sure how to get there.. if driving.. would be kinda far.. this is the main problem..

i know what you mean.. the videos r ****... the orange vf is way too quiet..... the non merge is angryyy... ill do one wednesday.

they will ship it brisbane mate...

hanson1128

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
i know what you mean.. the videos r ****... the orange vf is way too quiet..... the non merge is angryyy... ill do one wednesday.

they will ship it brisbane mate...

but mine is cammed, i don't want it too loud.. that will scare **** out of kids..

i know they will ship everywhere in the country, but i want to know, did you custom your system with them or just went to them and told them u want a set of system without custom?..

caspanixon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I've got 3inch manta catback with pacemaker extractors and it does not drone at all, not too loud either unless you plant your foot. Doesn't crackle heaps, only a bit on gear changes and a bit more when I've taken my foot off the throttle

hanson1128

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
I've got 3inch manta catback with pacemaker extractors and it does not drone at all, not too loud either unless you plant your foot. Doesn't crackle heaps, only a bit on gear changes and a bit more when I've taken my foot off the throttle

is yours an auto or manual?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Once the VE's are cammed, they get pretty loud. I have had two people now that I supplied the hotdog system in 3" to that say once cammed, it got really loud.

Manta make a system with mufflers and hotdogs in the front section that is perfect for the cammed VE. It is very deep, not loud, and doesn't drone.

hanson1128

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Once the VE's are cammed, they get pretty loud. I have had two people now that I supplied the hotdog system in 3" to that say once cammed, it got really loud.

Manta make a system with mufflers and hotdogs in the front section that is perfect for the cammed VE. It is very deep, not loud, and doesn't drone.

HI Not_An_Abba_Fan,
Can you PM me the price for 2.5" in stainless and mild steel, is it much quieter than the 3"? or do you have quiet version in 3"?? i don't want it loud really..
And I'm running Hurricane Headers, can it bolt on to my current header? and does manta will have the sounds cackle pop at all?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
They do the quiet system in both 2 1/2" and 3".

Manta do cats that will bolt straight up to the Hurricanes and then to the system. I'll work out a price and PM you.

The system doesn't crackle and pop, more of a burble on down shift.