Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L 98 otr and tune ?! is it worth it ?

Felix_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais 08
he

thinking of getting a tune and otr done to my l98, rest is stock standart is it worth doing Nd how much do i get out of it ?! ;) cheers

d.k.vmatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 VZ SS
From what iv been told a full exhaust otr and tune will give more power and will give better fuel economey

MATTSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
You will get an increase but you're better off waiting until you get an exhaust as well to get the most out of the tune. With an OTR, tune, Full exhaust you should expect anywhere between 250 - 270 RWKW (M6 will get more than A6)

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Definitely better with full exhaust!
But it's up to you bloke.. Even just a tune you'll notice a helluva difference!

Felix_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais 08
hehe ok :) how much im looking at for exhaust system, dont want it extremly loud ;) any suggestions, hear and read alot of x force but good and bad things ... :) cheers

Chris_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Definately get a zorst, or the $1000 tune is a little wasted.
I have been running a 3" full xforce system ($1700 headers,cats,zorst) and am happy with it, it goes well and sounds the goods
Dont get me wrong its nothing on di filippo, but it is half the price and probably the cheapest you will find.
Perhaps ask your tuner what exhaust he recommends, he may be able to do you adeal.
Also he will know what exhausts they have the best success with.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Yeah Mate as above with exhaust.. I went with the xforce cat back but got it fitted onto a set of pacemaker headers.. Love the noise.. Whole system didn't cost me 1800 to buy including cats

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Get a full exhaust system BUT DON'T get a Xforce system,they don't fit right and it will fall apart after 12 months...

beej2beej

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE ssv A6
Get a full exhaust system BUT DON'T get a Xforce system,they don't fit right and it will fall apart after 12 months...

really? mine is fine and fits good too, tho i might be a lucky one and have one that fits good... plus its shown no signs of falling apart and sound is actually half decent. ive heard even difillipos have a relatively weak weld at the centre muffler and can break clean there and they are a fair bit more in price, sure you might get what you pay for with x force but they do the job pretty well and are a bit louder than some of the other brands.

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
really? mine is fine and fits good too, tho i might be a lucky one and have one that fits good... plus its shown no signs of falling apart and sound is actually half decent. ive heard even difillipos have a relatively weak weld at the centre muffler and can break clean there and they are a fair bit more in price, sure you might get what you pay for with x force but they do the job pretty well and are a bit louder than some of the other brands.

I think you could be the lucky one,i'am not the only one around here that shares my views on Xforce.Thats my view,so i will leave it at that.