Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 auto question

supercharged-ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 Alloytec190
Hello all, just a quick question can a standard ecotec auto be placed behind a L67?
I have read the converter is larger, is the splin the same? as in will the L67 converter fit a ecotec splin.

I want to have a go at rebuilding a auto (with a lot more research) I have a ecotec auto to play with but if it wont fit, I wont try.
So does anyone know the differences or if this will work?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I'd put an ecotec box behind one for sure. An ecotec torque converter won't bolt up to the l67 flex plate, so you'll need to use the existing converter

supercharged-ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 Alloytec190
I'd put an ecotec box behind one for sure. An ecotec torque converter won't bolt up to the l67 flex plate, so you'll need to use the existing converter

So the converter is the only difference? the front splin that goes into the converter isn't a different size or different number of teeth on it?

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Ecotec auto will bolt up to L67 stall and flex plate no worries. They're all interchangeable. Flex plate bolt position of L67 and ecojet is the same. Autos are the same as well

supercharged-ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 Alloytec190
Ecotec auto will bolt up to L67 stall and flex plate no worries. They're all interchangeable. Flex plate bolt position of L67 and ecojet is the same. Autos are the same as well

Beautiful I'll rebuild the ecotec auto and use my existing converter/stall and flex plate.
Thank you both very much for the info

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Except the 3 bolt holes for the converter afaik :p

Nah all the same mate. Done many many swaps so I've no doubt ;)